Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:19 PM

Re: I really don't understand.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's a shame your council is such a pain, ours are different. Noise nuisance is also on private land but they deal with that.

Pauline I really could not believe the cheek of some people with the mattress. Maybe they had a friend or relative staying but then to dump it back on my garden path! I was astonished.

This is why I'd like cctv. The other incident I've had is when a new neighbour a few doors down thought it was ok to stick his cardboard box in our recycle bin. I went round there and said, "I think this is yours". The guy's wife said "oh no it isn't". I said "oh yes it is, it has your address!". Silly so and so hadn't taken the address label off. It has never happened again

The cheek of some people astound me!.

That lady tennant,who kept parking over my white line,..well!,they have now taken up 3 spaces in this car park,which is private as you know,....ruddy cheek,I hope the owner turns up tonight!..unbelievable!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:23 PM

Many thanks Pauline, I will look them up online. I like the idea of watching the wildlife too.

It gives me,great peace of mind,from some of these neighbours,Annie,..I am so pleased I had it installed,I paid cash to have mine installed,but I have just read online,that they do installments,so I may look into that,regarding the other camera,
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why the law allows people to get away with some things,

I had a neighbour throw a load of rubble all over my car space last year,I reported it to the police,they saw the cctv footage of him doing this,yet they said he doesn't have to clear it up,I do !

What does that say to you?
Yes it is a minor thing,..I have just been given these sort of things a lot of thought lately,..

Another one is,if someone parks on you're drive,the police would not get involved.so it's not just the allocated spaces they park in.some sort of loophole in the law apparently.and if they decided to leave the car on you're drive,it would end up costing you money to have it removed...I dismay ,I really do!.
Seems like you've really pissed your neighbor off. Can't imagine why --
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Some neighbours are just sheets Todger. I did nothing to upset mine yet they sheet on my doorstep.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-05-2019, 10:55 PM

I stood up to him and wouldn't allow him to bully/walk all over me,..that is why I p.s.e.d him off,...some men hate "strong"! woman!....I wonder why?.he was also arrested last year for beating his partner up!.apparently he bottled her,.taken in for questioning!..I would assume,as he was in police car.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-05-2019, 10:59 PM

Some neighbours are just sheets Todger. I did nothing to upset mine yet they sheet on my doorstep.

Sheets always try and blame the victim,Annie,some are masters at it,only you and I,can see straight through em!!.
Or maybe victim is the wrong word,maybe it should read,there is no messing with us!.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 11:22 PM

I'm just glad you're not my neighbour, peering over the fence, CCTV, calling the police, sheesh.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-05-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I'm just glad you're not my neighbour, peering over the fence, CCTV, calling the police, sheesh.

I don't really care what you think,as for peering over the fence,I will be reporting them tomorrow to the council,absolute disgrace and health hazard ,...

You don't know the ins and outs!..it just sounds like you are stirring for a reaction!..night,night!.

Oh and not forgetting the bloke who trashed my car space,I'm reporting him to crime stoppers,driving with out even passing his test,
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I don't really care what you think,as for peering over the fence,I will be reporting them tomorrow to the council,absolute disgrace and health hazard ,...

You don't know the ins and outs!..it just sounds like you are stirring for a reaction!..night,night!.

Oh and not forgetting the bloke who trashed my car space,I'm reporting him to crime stoppers,driving with out even passing his test,
There are times, indeed most times, when the best course of action is to mind one's own business.

In this case what will you gain by grassing the guy up? OK if he hasn't passed is driving then he shouldn't be driving unaccompanied etc. But what gives YOU the right to get involved?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:23 AM

There are times, indeed most times, when the best course of action is to mind one's own business.

In this case what will you gain by grassing the guy up? OK if he hasn't passed is driving then he shouldn't be driving unaccompanied etc. But what gives YOU the right to get involved?
If you're a road user and you find out someone hasn't passed a test then would you feel it's a duty to report them? After all they cannot possibly be insured and if they hit someone they have no recourse to claim. It would be the DVLA who should be informed. I wouldn't personally report someone but I don't think there's anything wrong with doing so.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top