Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 01:51 PM

Re: My Dad ill again

Lion Queen...

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Awwww No, So sorry your having this worry again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:31 PM

So sorry LQ your dad is not well again .
Best wishes to you both.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 05:27 PM

Sorry to hear this LQ I hope your dad gets sorted soon.... Scott you too although it seems you are coping it must be a worry.

Hugs to LQ
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Been at hospital all afternoon with my Dad again. We sent for the doctor and she told me to take him to A & E as when she saw how swollen his left leg was she told me she needs to rule out a blood clot.

They took bloods and they gave him an injection in his stomach to thin his blood in case of clots and I have to take him back to the hospital tomorrow at 1.30pm for a scan.

Both his legs and feet are very swollen but his left leg is a lot bigger than the right leg. I am thinking it may be fluid retention and maybe his heart is giving out as he has chronic kidney disease. I'm so worried and my poor dad must be very worried and fed up with his health failing him lately.

I wish they had kept him in hospital as I'm frightened if it is a blood clot and something happens in the night, my Mum died of a blood clot to the brain and we had no idea, she died so suddenly

I don't know why I'm telling you all this other than I feel like I need to share my anguish right now.

I'm reading a poem at my friends mums funeral in the morning and my other friend just lost her husband and everything is so overwhelming just now, I need whoever it is throwing all the shit right now to stop it.

Anyway thanks for listening, I'll update on Dad tomorrow.
LQ
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for your dad's troubles and your distress over them.
We are are fairly good bunch of listeners here and that may ease your burden a little.

Mac
It may help to lessen stress
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:42 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I'm glad I shared here because your words of comfort have helped.

I am afraid it isn't good news.

Dad had a scan today and while the news was good that he doesn't have a DVT it is bad news that his heart is also failing so his kidneys and heart are causing terrible leg swelling. Unfortunately because he has Chronic Kidney Disease he cannot be treated with water tablets which is needed to get rid of the fluid. The doctors told me to keep an eye on his legs and if it swells further up his legs I have to take him to casualty again.

I know it is only a matter of time for my Dad and I'm heartbroken but obviously I will be strong for my Dad and do the best I can and whatever I can to make him happy as I always do.

The thing that is upsetting me most and making me so tearful is to think my Dad is feeling fear. He was terribly down when we came out as he knows really nothing can be done, basically it seems like he was given a death sentence, I think he was hoping they could give him something and the swelling would go, I was hoping too but deep down I suspected there wouldn't be because of his kidney disease.

He told me this afternoon 'my days are numbered' heartbreaking to hear.

I can't stand it when people say such things like 'well he's had a good innings' yes he might have got older than many people but he's my Dad and I want him here for ever, I can't bear the thought he is going to die.
Of course I know I have to face up to it but I'm devastated and he hasn't even passed away yet.

I know everyone loses people they love at some point in their life but right now that doesn't help me to think that, this is MY DAD I'm talking about.

I'm gutted right now.

If you knew my Dad personally you would understand why I feel as I do, he's such a wonderful, kind, gentle, good hearted man, truly is the best Dad I could ever have wished for.

I am blessed for sure.

Sorry for the long post again and thank you again everyone. You really are a good bunch of people.

Lion Queen x
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:51 PM

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:05 PM

LQ, so very ,very sorry to read your news.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:23 PM

Hi

It is horrible when it happens LQ.

Both my parents are no longer here, an inevitability.

I know how difficult it is.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 09:39 PM

So sorry to hear the latest about your Dad, Lion Queen. I know exactly what you're going through. My Dad went through very similar problems and what you are saying about his current state of mind echoes some sad memories for me. I think of him every day over eight years on now.
But your Dad is still there in mind, LQ, if not too much physically. He is still talking and that is a big thing. He loves you so much.
Treasure your visits, keep him company as much as you are able and that will mean the world to him.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top