Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Grief and Sadness

My sister has been gone 5 years on 7th November and I am still suffering with overwhelming grief. I am wondering if I am ever going to get other her death.

She and I were incredibly close, and, while I try my best to get on with my life I have never been the same person since she died. I literally feel like she took a piece of my heart with her.

For some reason today I have been overwhelmed more than usual, I usually feel like I do today on milestones such as her birthday or anniversary of her death so I don't know why I am feeling as I am today.

So now I've done a stupid thing and I decided to look through my messages from her on facebook messenger to read messages between us both and the messages are so loving. Her last words on there for me was:

night Sis, Love you lots, like jelly tots
xxxxxxxxxxxx love you xxxxxxxxxxx

Why have I just tortured myself, why did I go to read the messages, especially today of all days when I'm already overwhelmed.

Anyway I've just sent her a message telling her how I will never stop loving her and to give mummy a kiss for me.

Today I'm feeling dreadfully and overwhelmingly sad. I keep thinking I'm coping then out of the blue it hits me like a ton of bricks.

It's true what they say, it comes in waves, today that wave is tidal.

I am so glad the final messages between us were so full of love.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this but thanks for listening anyway.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:58 PM

Re: Grief and Sadness

I'm hoping it is helping you when you share your sadness on here Queenie...

Thinking of you and wishing you happy thoughts of your dear sister. xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm hoping it is helping you when you share your sadness on here Queenie...

Thinking of you and wishing you happy thoughts of your dear sister. xx
Thank you Mags, I'm so grateful for this forum and the people on it, you all are such good people that allow me to share with you both my happy times and sad times.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:59 PM

We all deal with grief differently - God bless you, LQ - and your fond memories of a dear, departed sister.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:08 PM

LQ
If I was beside you I'd give you the biggest squeeze ever x
Have lots of virtual ones instead

Some days are overwhelming but then suddenly.. you'll feel like you're coping again too x
Let the sadness out sweetie
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
We all deal with grief differently - God bless you, LQ - and your fond memories of a dear, departed sister.
Thank you Tango, I was blessed by God to have her a sister for sure. xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
LQ
If I was beside you I'd give you the biggest squeeze ever x
Have lots of virtual ones instead

Some days are overwhelming but then suddenly.. you'll feel like you're coping again too x
Let the sadness out sweetie
thank you Rhi, those hugs are very welcome. Tomorrow is another day and I'll start coping again (hugs) back for you x
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:31 PM

I found that some memories never go away. After time the edge seems less sharp.

I lost my mother in 1974, in fact September 15fh at 04.55, after a short but devestation illness. To this day I remember the horrible feeling that 'phone call brought. For what it's worth I really do genuinely sympathise with you.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you Mags, I'm so grateful for this forum and the people on it, you all are such good people that allow me to share with you both my happy times and sad times.
LQ
You have my sympathies. We deal with grief differently. Both my parents died. Understandably, it saddens you.

When my father died I grieved. But it was much later, a few months I think, when it came to me that I was then the oldest male surviving. That was........something to come to terms with. Hard to describe.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I found that some memories never go away. After time the edge seems less sharp.

I lost my mother in 1974, in fact September 15fh at 04.55, after a short but devestation illness. To this day I remember the horrible feeling that 'phone call brought. For what it's worth I really do genuinely sympathise with you.
Thank you Todgy, this message means a lot. I'm sorry for the pain of losing your dear Mum. Hugs for you x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top