Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 04:33 PM

Next level tikka masala.

I have made a number of these dishes..but never get that "deliciousness in my mouth"....so trying this recipe,where I marinade the chicken for 24hrs.

How good are you at making this dish?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 04:53 PM

Re: Next level tikka masala.

What's a Next level tikka masala?

My old Madhur Jaffry book often suggested that marinading chicken overnight in lemon juice helped tenderize it, as well as keep it moist while cooking. Been a while since making one of her recipes, but it worked well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

My old Madhur Jaffry book often suggested that marinading chicken overnight in lemon juice helped tenderize it, as well as keep it moist while cooking. Been a while since making one of her recipes, but it worked well.

I was also wondering what next level tikka masala meant..it means you have to put more effort into it..lol:..

Mine is marinating in lime juice,yogurt,loads of spices,garlic,ginger and chilli.

Would you like to come and wash up for me?..you never know,you might like it!..
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I was also wondering what next level tikka masala meant..it means you have to put more effort into it..lol:..

Mine is marinating in lime juice,yogurt,loads of spices,garlic,ginger and chilli.

Would you like to come and wash up for me?..you never know,you might like it!..
How fresh are you spices? They lose their strength after a while.

I think I'll forego the pleasure of washing up for you since I suspect that one of us will end up on death row
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-10-2019, 06:03 PM

How fresh are you spices? They lose their strength after a while.

I think I'll forego the pleasure of washing up for you since I suspect that one of us will end up on death row

My spices are well within their best by date..

We have an award winning Indian restaurant near me..I may offer my services,..." Stacking and loading the dishwasher "In payment for teaching me how to make this dish...it's worth a try..the chefs often walk past my house on their way to the shops..they seem very polite and friendly.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Dextrose,I am in the middle of cooking the sauce..it takes two hours to cook,after which it can be refrigerated,..I had a taste,it's yummy,I can't believe it...success with the sauce,I just hope the chicken turns out to be nice and succulent...will find out tomorrow.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-10-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Dextrose,I am in the middle of cooking the sauce..it takes two hours to cook,after which it can be refrigerated,..I had a taste,it's yummy,I can't believe it...success with the sauce,I just hope the chicken turns out to be nice and succulent...will find out tomorrow.
Excellent. Hope it turns out great for you.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:01 PM

I love this type of nosh but don't attempt to do it at home. Plus, being regular takeaway punters at our local indian we get extra generous at cut price.

Tonight we had chicken biryani, amazing flavours, and I love the bits ... the old cardamom pod, cinnamon bark, baby bay & curry leaves, plum stones, cloves, slices of ginger and roasted shallots. And that's just what's evident on top of the less evident herbs & ground spices.

I wouldn't attempt that at home.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-10-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I love this type of nosh but don't attempt to do it at home. Plus, being regular takeaway punters at our local indian we get extra generous at cut price.

Tonight we had chicken biryani, amazing flavours, and I love the bits ... the old cardamom pod, cinnamon bark, baby bay & curry leaves, plum stones, cloves, slices of ginger and roasted shallots. And that's just what's evident on top of the less evident herbs & ground spices.

I wouldn't attempt that at home.

Don't attempt to do it at home?...are you kidding?....you have now made me more determined to make it at home...

this recipe is full of spices plus,yogurt,lime juice,tomato purée,Passatta,fresh ginger,10 garlic cloves,cinnamon stick,cardamom pods,sugar,malt vinegar,mustard seeds.onion,shallots....the sauce is yummy....

I have to admit on first glance at that recipe,I was put off by all of those ingredients...so glad I persevered.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 09:19 PM

Okay, I cheat. I always have a few jars of Pataks Tikka Masala sauce or Pataks Jalfrezi Sauce in the cupboard for a super curry. They really are good.

The other that I buy is Iceland's Luxury Chicken Makhani Masala. Bloomin delicious. In fact, all three are,I can definitely recommend them, and much easier than making the sauce.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top