Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:27 AM

Re: New Body anyone?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Yes, I would like a new body. I'll have the one I had when I was 18 please.
You took the words out of my mouth
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Annie, fortunately there are many fields around here, so when I want to give the dogs a good run free, I take them in the car to the next village where we can go up the bridleways and cart tracks and across the fields.

The softer ground helps me, and they love a good root about in the rabbit holes and hedges, much more exciting (and healthier) than sniffing round dirty old lamposts I'm sure.
I am happier being out in the open too, so it does us all good.

I found some shoes which are the best yet though.
My friend bought some shoes made by 'Joya'. I'd never heard of them.
Hellish expensive, but they really do feel like you're walking on cushions. I got a couple of pairs half price in the current sale. I don't even need orthotics with these on.

Have a read about the technology in the sole, and they have passed some sort of back alignment testing too apparently. They are Swiss designed.
The girls in the shop itself are ever so nice and helpful too.

Never dreamed I would pay so much for a pair of shoes, but they seem to be helping much more than any podiatrist ever has!

This is their outlet I bought from:

https://www.cheerfulsoles.co.uk/bran...oya-shoes.html

I think you can purchase them on Amazon as well, but not sure.

This is the actual manufacturer's site. They do 'Rocker' soles too, but she advised me not to have those ones for my problem.

https://joyashoes.swiss/uk/the-shoe/home/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Oh I'm glad you still have some good options with the dogs Mups. Hopefully some medical research will come up with an innovative way to regenerate tissues.

Thanks so much for the shoe tip. They have some really nice fashions particularly in trainers, not cheap but about the price of Uggs and definitely worth it if they are so comfy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Thanks Annie.
We've got to keep going, haven't we.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:46 PM

No way. If I got a new, fresh body, the government would want me to go back to work.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:57 PM

I'm happy enough.

It would be nice, though, not to have to drag it to the doctor so often and spend less on lotions, sunscreen, running shoes, orthotics, vitamins, and other sundry items.

The repair shop bill is entirely too much these days.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top