Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 03:36 AM

Good Morning Monday

Morning all.
Back in here after a sabbatical (with conditions in place)

Still dicky dark so weather as yet, but I think it's raining just for a change

Today the heating engineering is coming down to service the boiler and radiators. Mrs. F wants me to talk to him about a new boiler even though the present one is working perfectly well. "It's over 10 years old!" she says. Okay love, we'll replace it. Only three grand. Money grows on trees!

Have a nice day all
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:10 AM

Re: Good Morning Monday

Good morning Floydy and all who follow

Going to the hospital today with my hubby for his pre op appointment for his new hip....hope it goes well as he has so many other health issue's...fingers crossed.

We got a new boiler a couple of years ago Floydy and although its expensive to replace the newer ones are energy efficient so cost less to run....I console myself with that thought

Have a good day all whatever's planned.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:29 AM

Morning all, dry here at the moment but rain will be along this afternoon they say... what joy....

No plans yet other than cooking pie and mash for lunch, but something else will no doubt present itself.

There is a huge profit margin on gas boilers, particularly by the bigger companies such as British Gas. We had ours replaced last year by a local plumber who charged us £1600 all in, and when I checked the price to buy the boiler itself from the local merchant it was around £1200, so a fair price for the job I thought...

Have a good day everyone
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:46 AM

Good morning dry but cloudy today. Not sure what on the agenda today, think it will be housework. We got a new boiler on a government thing hubby found, our boiler was 15 years old never had any problems, we have had the engineer out 3 time to this one. Hope all goes well Summer for hubby, I got my new hip 15 year’s ago this month, it was great being pain free, then I had an accident in the following February smashed the bones in the same leg at the side of my knee, they rebuilt the bone but leg and knee pain all the time now. Still that’s life.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:59 AM

Good morning everyone.

Dry but cloudy here today. Suggestion of thunder later on - don't think it will happen though.

Going to attack the kitchen cupboards today - empty, clean and stock take.
I noticed a jar of jam wearing a fur coat yesterday! Disgraceful!!

The laundry goblins are lurking as well. Such excitement.

Have a fun day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:41 AM

Hi

Good Morning All.

Still dark, dry this morning, but weather warnings for rain later,

Recycling day, so bins and bags to go out, followed by a Clinic visit.

Have a good day all.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 07:36 AM

Good morning all.

I don't think 3 grand for a new boiler is too expensive.

Its still dark here and just started to rain.

Got Electrician coming over at 8am this morning and a boiler man coming at 1pm.

Have a nice day all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 08:02 AM

Good morning one and all, have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Morning all
Off this week, ( until Saturday :- ) off to the dentist this morning for our yearly check up, then have a dr,s appointment this afternoon, have a good day everyone
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all.

Dry here, just about. Forecast to turn cloudy with rain moving in, heavy later with thundery downpours possible in places. Maximum temperature 17ºC.

Nothing planned, might get to the shops and that will be all for today.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top