Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Re: Queen's Speech

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No and they are all better off than we are and up to date not living 100 years in the bygone days with a useless bunch of layabout middle class useless money-pocketing poticians destroying this wasted land of ours.

Sell off all the royal buildings, gardens, paintings and cars and give the proceeds towards the medical needs of sick children. And give all those ridiculous furry busbees to the homeless. They'd look great sleeping in doorways wearing those wouldn't they in our bleak midwinter!
So why don't we the people take back our country Floydy.......? I'm in!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So why don't we the people take back our country Floydy.......? I'm in!
Because the police are on the Queen's side, Bob. We don't have tasers and time on our hands to play cards all day at the station.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 03:52 PM

I wonder how much all this 'medieval' pageantry costs and who pays for it
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I wonder how much all this 'medieval' pageantry costs and who pays for it
Well, it must be YOU! (and me plus all other UK taxpayers of course). The links below give some details but to trawl through everything that is online would be quite some task, unless of course someone on OFF knows exactly where to look for the information:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44635205

https://www.royal.uk/financial-reports-2017-18

https://fullfact.org/economy/royal-f...-and-benefits/

https://www.newsweek.com/how-much-do...-income-629298
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:08 PM

I see that arch arsehole Corbyn is whining about the speech because it didn't include everything but the kitchen sink, siting current flavour of the month climate change, mental health in children, and school budgets not being included. The tosser then has the gall to condemn the three years that it's taken to get Brexit done conveniently forgetting that it is he and the other Remainer MPs who have blocked it in every way possible.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love it, nobody else has anything like it.
Yes, the opening speaker was brilliant.

Hopefully a sign of good things to come!

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:31 PM

Queenie looked ancient but not frail I wonder if she will make it to 100.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I love it, nobody else has anything like it.
I loved it too and l don’t care what anybody else thinks. I appreciate the pomp, the tradition and the history. Nobody can match us on that.
My favourite bit is when Black Rod gets the door slammed in their face and then bangs it three times with their rod and summons the MP’s.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I loved it too and l don’t care what anybody else thinks. I appreciate the pomp, the tradition and the history. Nobody can match us on that.
My favourite bit is when Black Rod gets the door slammed in their face and then bangs it three times with their rod and summons the MP’s.
Not everybody's cup of tea, but agree we do put on a good show.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:18 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-Speech.html

To be fair he didn't miss much, probably took a nap.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top