Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Re: Diplomatic Immunity

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You don't know that...no one knows that all the staff had immunity...I wonder if the domestic staff had immunity...
Diplomatic immunity is a status that is not restricted to diplomats per se of which there are usually few but to any person employed with the Diplomatic Mission who the embassy government declares to be covered by it. DI is also usually granted to any family members accompanying a person covered by DI in their own right.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Diplomatic immunity is a status that is not restricted to diplomats per se of which there are usually few but to any person employed with the Diplomatic Mission who the embassy government declares to be covered by it. DI is also usually granted to any family members accompanying a person covered by DI in their own right.

Yes.like you,I am reading all about diplomatic immunity online..

Great encyclopaedia the Internet.....but you can't believe everything that you read.

In the case of Yvonne Fletcher....we never found,what truly happened,from the information that I have read..there was much uproar when it happened though!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have a good day Pauline .

I will..you too...happy chatting.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=Muddy;1801060]

Run your mind back to the siege of the Libyan Embassy .
A young woman PC was shot in the stomach and died on the street outside .
Shot by one who walked out with “diplomatic immunity”
They got away with murdering a policewoman in the plain light of day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yvonne_Fletcher
As I recall, and I checked this with a relation now retired but is probably VERY likely to be au fait with the facts the guys fingered for the murder of Yvonne Fletcher were not subject to DI while in the UK but we're assisted in their escape by creatures from the embassy who were and so could not be questioned or charged with anything to do with the ghosting of the killers.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-10-2019, 11:52 AM

Just read this online..April 2019.

Libyan "suspect" in Yvonne Fletcher murder,could be forced to give evidence in high court action.

Something that was denied in 2017...I believe.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 12:12 PM

I know what it means,Dextrous...At...was making assumptions..just what "he" believes to be true..
Hi Pauline. My mistake, I forgot to advise you to scroll down for abuses of immunity.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-10-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hi Pauline. My mistake, I forgot to advise you to scroll down for abuses of immunity.

Reading up on it now,Dex,shocking,...thank you.

Did you read my last post..what are your thoughts?...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:35 PM

If diplomatic immunity is not there for getting away with things, then what is it for? It must be worth something or no one would bother having it. Of course unofficially, the Royals have it too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:39 PM

I can’t believe what happed to Harry Dunn’s parents when they were invited to the White House yesterday.
I suppose you’ve read that they met Donald Trump and he held Harry’s mothers hand?
Then there was the suggestion that they meet the lady that crashed into Harry. They refused.
There was also a suggestion that photographers were at the ready to take pics of the meeting.

How insensitive and what a circus!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I can’t believe what happed to Harry Dunn’s parents when they were invited to the White House yesterday.
I suppose you’ve read that they met Donald Trump and he held Harry’s mothers hand?
Then there was the suggestion that they meet the lady that crashed into Harry. They refused.
There was also a suggestion that photographers were at the ready to take pics of the meeting.

How insensitive and what a circus!
Why did they refuse, Art? I thought that was why they went over there - to meet her. Have I got that wrong?

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top