Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Re: Rant Alert! Village Post Office.

A few days ago, I went into our Village shop looking for Potato Salad couldn't find any, I asked the woman at the till, she said, oh no, we don't have any, its a Seasonal item, so I pointed out to her that they sell Couslaw and Salad things on the shelf and also some people eat Salads all year round, any way, she said I will ask our delivery woman if she has any, well she didn't.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 09:57 PM

Its difficult.
Juleea
New Member!
vancouver, canada
Juleea is female 

16-10-2019, 02:30 AM

I thought that your story would end with you paying for the potatoes and bread with the pile of copper coins.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Juleea ->
I thought that your story would end with you paying for the potatoes and bread with the pile of copper coins.
Julie - if I thought I would get away with it - I would have done!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 06:51 AM

It is really no wonder the Post Office is losing custom - and it is not all to do with internet shopping. A couple of weeks ago I encountered one in W H Smith's that didn't sell books of stamps and now this rudeness in the Village.

I worked in retail for a short while - light years ago - and the first thing they taught us was - courtesy to customers at all times - it is they who pay the wages!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 07:04 AM

Things were simpler back then Tabs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-10-2019, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Things were simpler back then Tabs.
That is depressingly true, Spitty!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 07:27 AM

Minimum wage = minimum effort..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-10-2019, 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=pauline3;1801202] Sorry Pauline, am not ignoring you - just missed answering this - so here goes -

Did it make you feel better,leaving your shopping,then walking out?
Yes - because the lazy shop assistant would have to sort out the till and put the shopping back on the shelf.

No - because I still needed the bread and potatoes. Had to walk to the next village for them.

Maybe the post office assistant was having a bad day?
It was early - she had only just opened up. She is not the cheeriest of people at the best of times.

I always try and look for the best in people,ST.
I did - they were out of stock that morning!

Let's face it,some of these assistants,have to put up with a lot of crap,from members of the Joe public....there is always a reason...try not to take it personally,ST..
Never an excuse for rudeness (PO Assistant) or bad customer service (Shop Assistant).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It is really no wonder the Post Office is losing custom - and it is not all to do with internet shopping. A couple of weeks ago I encountered one in W H Smith's that didn't sell books of stamps and now this rudeness in the Village.

I worked in retail for a short while - light years ago - and the first thing they taught us was - courtesy to customers at all times - it is they who pay the wages!
That's why I would be useless working in retail.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top