Join for free
Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:07 AM

Re: Teeth

You'll be smiling for England Mollie Fancy some patients going without teeth for 6 months though, that's an awfully long time! You're definitely in good hands with your dentist.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:14 AM

Thank you for being positive for me Marian. That means a lot to me to have some good support.

How do people eat without teeth though? I guess they adapt somehow.

Gareth said for me to think about it and we'd chat again in six months, but I told him I don't think I'll be waiting six months.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:40 AM

You're welcome Mollie I think you've made your mind up and if you have the money then go for it asap, 6 months is a long time to wait, we wanna see you smiling again like this
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:46 AM

Well I've been figuring out my finances Marian, and I've got my £200 heating allowance then, in February and March, we've no council tax to pay, so I reckon by March I'll be able to afford it easy, then I hope to be smiling like this.
marpaul
North Cumbria

17-12-2011, 01:48 AM

Thats great news Mollie, I love it when we have those 2 months with no council tax to pay. When you get your new teeth we'll be wanting to see a new photo
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

17-12-2011, 01:58 AM

Er, well, not so sure about a new photo lass, but I'll certainly let you know how I feel about it all. It will probably spur me on to have a bit of a make-over as well, and thanks for not making fun of me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Once our Mollie has her new pearly white gnashers, she'll be dazzling us all!!!
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Hi!
You go girl! I have always had very poor teeth, in 1970 a dentist told me I needed them all out and dentures. I chose to ignore him. In 72 after our first was born, I was accepted at the Dental School and had my teeth filled, root canals etc, all for the price of the materials! Their work last for over 20 years!
Slowly over the last few years my teeth are falling by the way. I have a partial denture, otherwise all I would need is a wart on my nose and I could scare the hell out of everyone!!!! lol!
The dentists can do a "re-line" which is not as expensive as a new set of dentures should your gums shrink etc. I have been on a diet this year and have lost so much weight I needed to get my denture re lined as it just wobbled around in my mouth!
You will have to adapt the way you eat some things, like an apple, you can't bite into it, slice it and then eat.
But you are doing the right thing! I know how demoralising it is not to have decent looking teeth and you develop a great reluctance to smile let alone laugh!!
In addition to dentists we have dental technicians that the public can go to directly for re lines/repairs and that works out a lot cheaper than getting the dentist to send dentures to the technician. Might be worth inquiring about down the track!
Good Luck!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:16 PM

Good luck with the new teeth xo
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:00 PM

I had all my teeth out & dentures put in when I was only about 25! I cant remember why now I think it was that my gums were bleeding & at the time they just whipped them out without trying any other treatment
I had the old ones out & the new ones in as well. It was uncomfortable (to say the least) for a while but at least I wasn't without teeth. I suppose after so long I've got used to them now & don't think I would go back to having "proper" teeth They are a lot less trouble than real ones anyway - no more toothache & 6 monthly checkups & expensive treatment . I think they are due to be re-lined now but a bit of "Fixodent" on the bottom ones keeps things in place & there is nothing I cant eat

Good luck when you have yours done Mollie. Its not as bad as you think.

Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top