Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2011, 09:13 PM

Re: Eyesight

It's interesting how we have different experiences Meg. I suppose it goes to show that we shouldn't generalise and maybe once we find something that suits to stick with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It's interesting how we have different experiences Meg. I suppose it goes to show that we shouldn't generalise and maybe once we find something that suits to stick with it.
Rena you are right and I guess it is down to how we fare at the time .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Specsavers is an independent optician, I only found this out perchance last Saturday.
They are a franchise organisation, so it is an independents operating under the name of Specsavers.
Our two local Specsavers are owned by the same man, and all glasses are made on the premises upstairs workshops.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 09:48 PM

well I have been today to get my new reading glasses,the old ones were donkeys years old and our specsavers are very good. I have been to the posh shop as well but always go back to specsavers, the staff are all very good and I wouldnt say the glasses are cheap either but they do suit me.It was packed in there today and all pensioners too and we all had our walking sticks,it was a bit like a uniform.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 09:49 PM

Can someone tell me if you cant wash Aran sweaters can they be dry cleaned?Dont want to smell do I.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 10:06 PM

I used to knit Aran sweaters and used to wash them in hair shampoo and tepid water never heard of them being dry cleaned used to dry them flat so as they didn't go out of shape hope this helps... Boots will put lens into old frames as long as they are in good order (well they do where we live) we have 2 branches the old Boots Opticians and the new one that used to be Dolland and Aitchinson...Sue
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Can someone tell me if you cant wash Aran sweaters can they be dry cleaned?Dont want to smell do I.
Annie darlin' I have two Arran sweaters - wash both in the washing machine (wool wash) and dry them by draping over a clothes horse - they are some years old and they're both fine.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 10:15 AM

The experts say
http://www.newlanarkshop.co.uk/shop....w=page&page=56

Having said that wool can go badly out of shape, even shrink, arran wool has a lot of oil in it, so my mother used to use soap flakes and wash in luke warm water, then roll the sweater up in towels to get the water out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top