Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 10:27 PM

Feeling dreadful :(

Well today is the 6th day of this intense headache Had an appt. this morning in the hospital at the pain clinic and after lots of test results and poking about I have cervical spondylosis.. in other words my neck changes have had a recent rapid change and my neck muscles are trying to compensate but the pain is sending them into spasm and giving me the most dreadful head/neck ache and sickness. Ive got even more painkillers to take with the ones im already on. My vision is blurred and im incredible dizzy everytime I change position. Not slept in days now and im exhausted. The consultant told me to carry on with the accupuncture and thats tomorrow afternoon so fingers crossed I get some relief and manage to at least sleep for a night. The only positive thing is I cant keep my food down so weight is dropping off.. not got an appetite though. Im being booked in to have some injections into my muscles next week too sounds vile but i'd do anything to get this pain away.
Sorry to moan but ive no one else to tell really only my mother who just gets hystericaly worried.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Re: Feeling dreadful :(

Gosh ,that sounds very painful.I hope the accupuncture helps soon .Take care .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 10:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are not too well Cassie, I hope things improve for you quickly and you get back to yourself again, take care.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:03 PM

Oh Cassie - that sounds so painful. Hope you get some relief soon. *hugs*
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Oh Cassie - I'm sorry to hear you've been in so much pain I hope the acupuncture will give you some relief and some badly needed sleep. *hugs*
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:15 PM

Cassie, you poor thing! Acupuncture worked for me, hope it helps, fingers crossed.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:19 PM

Cassie, sorry to hear you're not well. Hopefully the Acupuncture will help you so you can at least get some sleep. Fingers crossed for you....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:21 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain cassie, there's nothing worse than constant pain that won't go away, I really feel for you. I hope things get better for you soon and the treatment works. Take care. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:22 PM

Cassie I am sorry to learn you have such a painful condition and hope you get some relief soon.

Would a surgical collar help ? I wore one when I hurt my neck and it seemed to help by taking some of the weight.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2012, 11:49 PM

Thank you all for the lovely comments.
@Meg, I cant have a collar as it'll weaken my muscles. I have to let it do its thing naturally till it fuses on its own.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top