Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 05:44 PM

Re: Feeling dreadful :(

That is dreadful Cassie,fingers crossed it will soon go away, Annie.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Sorry you are suffering so much Cassie, do you think a Tens machine would help? I have heard very good reports on them and I am going to get one soon in the hope it helps with the pain in my arm and shoulder. It could be worth you asking your doctor about it. I hope you feel better soon.
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 10:20 PM

You poor thing Cassie, you have my extreme sympathies. A couple of years ago I had an eight week headache. No painkillers would shift it. My brain felt disconnected, my head was muzzy and if I spoke it was like gobbledygook coming out.

It felt like liquid was running down the left side of my head. I just got up every day, did what i had to do & went back to bed holding the phone, i was scared. I had my ears and eyes checked and unknown to me the GP wrote down suspected bleed on the brain. After seeing her twice in one day she told me to go to A&E and get a scan. Well I went there and relayed the message, the receptionists there asked for a referral letter (which I didnt have) and said the wait time was 6-8 hours and they said "viruses can last 8 weeks", so I opted to go home and saw a locum GP the next day who also thought it was a virus and very gradually over time the fog lifted.

I did wonder if a gentle head massage might help you, or try a different pillow?

Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Cassie just to maybe buck you up a little and maybe give you a bit of hope if your waiting for treatment, having said my daughter would probably wait ages for a brain scan, she actually has received an appointment date today for the 11th March but it is at a hospital several miles away and at 7.10pm in the evening!

I advised her not to cancel as we will drive her over as she has no transport and a 3yr old son. Better to be inconvenienced than no appointment at all!

Hope your feeling better.

Kath x
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 07:13 PM

How are you feeling today Cassie?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 01:13 AM

i'm so glad to have such a nice group of mates in here thank you all. I'll reply tomorrow on my laptop as im on my mobile here in bed. X
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Well yesterday I managed to shift the headache & I had great hopes of sleeping... it wasn't to be I lay there feeling as sick as a dog and spinning like I was drunk. I got up about 6am and sat upright on the sofa wedged up with about 8 cushions and a neck cushion and just cried My dogs came & sat around me and about 8am Andy came down and made us coffee. Drinking mine made me feel even sicker. Ive spent the day in my wedged up position watching tv and trying to doze. I hurt so much its unbelievably painful.. got an appointment for 10th May for the injections into my neck, the consultant on Monday said he was hoping to do them this week Apparently thats the soonest appointment they have!!!
I cant remember who asked but lavender gives me terrible headaches & I hate the stuff! Bit unfortunate really as its meant to do the opposite. Im after a wheatbag wrap thing which apparently are very good and ive got my tens machine. Sadly there is no quick fix & its a case of waiting for the bones to fuse on their own or go for the surgery & have bone from my hip screwed on to stabilise them in my neck.
So thats all for now & I guess changes will occur at a variable rate. I just wish I didnt get the headaches with the pain as all this giddyness & being sick is most unpleasant. I cant even have a cuddle from himself as it makes my neck move! Thank goodness we have a big bed and a strong relationship as im a miserable moo at the moment!! He's being very kind to me but in reality there's absolutely nothing whatsoever he can do and being a nurse he's used to making people better and it upsets him that he cant do the same for me too.
Fingers crossed for a speedy improvement anyway
Thanks all again for your messages I do lurk on here throughout the day but I dont have the brainpower at the moment to type much sense on threads!

x
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 05:48 PM

I just wish I had a magic wand, Cassie. ((hugs)) but very gently
Jan x
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 05:49 PM

really sorry Cassie,you expect a Dr to be able to help dont you. Theres nothing we can do to help except say we are thinking of you.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Oh Cassie, 10th May is two months away. I hope they can get you in sooner than that for goodness sake. Are you able to chose which hospital you get treated at, maybe there is another that can fit you in sooner? Here are some (((((((((((for you)))))))))))) mary x

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top