Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 03:32 AM

Can't sleep? Blame aging brain cells.

Apparently researchers expect they'll be able to help folks like me establish better sleep cycles. Looking forward to that!

There's also a list of the best and worst cities (USA only) for sleeping. Phoenix, Arizona is listed as one of the worst, yet when I was there 2 years ago I slept very well and woke refreshed... so much for that bit of research.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 12:26 PM

Re: Can't sleep? Blame aging brain cells.

I have trouble sleeping through always up to early but i go to bed at 12 o clock
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 07:18 PM

My mother said I would sleep on a washing line when young. I'm still the same
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 03:00 AM

At home I put a fan on for white noise or I can't nod off.

If I'm camping in a tent I sleep like a baby. Not so for my fellow campers though...

Two summers ago I was in Algonquin Park with my sister and niece. Suddenly I awoke as Rachel (age 16) shone the flashlight in my face and whispered "Aunt Sue! You're SNORING". I apologized and told her I'd turn on my side.

Minutes later... "Aunt Sue!!! YOU SNORE ON YOUR SIDE TOO!"
GoldenYears
Japan
GoldenYears is male  GoldenYears has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 02:21 PM

I regularly have to get up to splash my boots, which is annoying. But, I always manage to go back to sleep. I think some people call it 'the curse.'
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 06:22 PM

I sleep very well and always have been able to...the sleep of the innocent obviously... I don't know about the ageing brain cell business though, my wife says that if I had another cell the pair of them would be able to rattle around together....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 07:18 PM

I go through fits and starts in sleep patterns.
At the moment I'm sleeping well but hubby is having trouble but he is a light sleeper.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Joe doesnt sleep well.....he cant he says because of the noise coming from my room,he doesnt know who is worse Phoebe or me for snoring.!!!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

23-05-2012, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
... my wife says that if I had another cell the pair of them would be able to rattle around together....
Please tell her thanks for that quip - and I may use it!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:35 PM

gee I was awake this morring at 5 am lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top