Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 04:18 PM

Gnashers

How are yours. I visit the dentist every six months. I brush twice a day and floss and use interdental brushes once a day.

My dentists says my teeth are gums are healthy. I know that medication can affect dental health and I am lucky enough not to have to take any.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Re: Gnashers

I have always had teeth problems. Abscesses, crowns, root fillings...the list goes on. My last checkup a few weeks ago was one of the few which needed no work done...until a week later when a filling broke off and fell out. One emergency appointment and £30 later, I have to go back in a couple of weeks time to have it replaced.

Teeth are great..until they go wrong.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 04:30 PM

I got rid of all my problem teeth when I was 17!! My "wallies" are great
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 04:35 PM

My teeth are fine I've never had any real problems a couple of fillings a few years back and thats it
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-05-2012, 05:00 PM

I was always terrified of dentists having had nightmare experiences as a kid, our dentist was a sadist! However our present dentist is FANTASTIC, he is excellent and an extraction is almost a pleasure. I had a tooth out a couple of months ago and he actually had me laughing through the procedure when he told me this anecdote. Apparently an elderly women had told him that week she would sooner get pregnant than have dental treatment. He responded by saying, " In that case allow me to adjust the chair accordingly!"
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I was always terrified of dentists having had nightmare experiences as a kid, our dentist was a sadist! However our present dentist is FANTASTIC, he is excellent and an extraction is almost a pleasure. I had a tooth out a couple of months ago and he actually had me laughing through the procedure when he told me this anecdote. Apparently an elderly women had told him that week she would sooner get pregnant than have dental treatment. He responded by saying, " In that case allow me to adjust the chair accordingly!"
my dentist has no sense of humor.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Mine are fine - some fillings done with mercury years ago that I'd like to have replaced with ceramics eventually. Read some things about mercury that suggest it's toxic.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:31 PM

I have a few crowns other than that they are ok .A crown fell out last week cost me £35 to have it stuck back in and it`s now fell out again grr.Going back to dentist Wednesday night will have to decide whether to have what remains of the original tooth out or have a new crown but when he stuck it back in he said some of the original tooth had broken off with it ,so a new one might not be possible ,don`t fancy spending a few hundred quid if it doesn`t work .Extraction would be cheaper plus the fact it is a back tooth anyway .I have a brilliant and extremely nice dentist .
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-05-2012, 05:36 PM

If I have a problem with a back tooth I would prefer to have it out. However my dentist thinks I should give it a chance first. When I see him, even for a check up, he always says, "I am not taking a tooth out", as soon as I walk through the door! Mind you it did backfire recently when a back tooth he had patched up broke, so it couldn 't be saved, I didn't half tease him about that one.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I was always terrified of dentists having had nightmare experiences as a kid, our dentist was a sadist! However our present dentist is FANTASTIC, he is excellent and an extraction is almost a pleasure.
Extractions is my last dental fear I have yet to overcome, also being the product of a dental sadist in my youth. I go private for extractions, £250 gets me a needle in the back of my hand and its light out and wake up hours later minus tooth. Best way to have it done.

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Mine are fine - some fillings done with mercury years ago that I'd like to have replaced with ceramics eventually. Read some things about mercury that suggest it's toxic.
Given the amount of mercury in my mouth, I’m sure I get taller whenever the weather is warm.

Mercury in its pure form is very toxic but in this form, its mixed with various other metals to a supposed inert state. There is much controversy if dental amalgm is actually toxic or not or what the long term effects are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top