Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
GoldenYears
Japan
GoldenYears is male  GoldenYears has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 01:31 PM

Re: Gnashers

I've heard that dentistry in England is now quite expensive. Also, there are fewer national health dentists than before. How true?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenYears ->
I've heard that dentistry in England is now quite expensive. Also, there are fewer national health dentists than before. How true?
It is if you go private and have no dental insurance. As for number of NHS dentists, I think that depends where you live. I know there was a national shortage a while ago, but where I am there are a number of dentists who will take you on.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 05:05 PM

A few years ago the government changed the terms of The NHS dental system, and this meant that the dentists were getting less money from them for treatment done on the NHS, so a lot of them went private.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
A few years ago the government changed the terms of The NHS dental system, and this meant that the dentists were getting less money from them for treatment done on the NHS, so a lot of them went private.
Including mine and as all the dentists in my nearest town seemed to follow the same path I had little choice but to accept the offer made by my dentist ie in order to remain with him I needed to accept and pay for a monthly insurance plan .

My teeth are not very good, as a child I went to a dentist who thought it was a good idea to drill and fill as many teeth as possible 'to prevent decay'. Consequently I have a mouth full of mercury the misguided dentist eventually hung himself thus preventing him from ruining anymore peoples teeth.

I now go one a year for a check up, my dentist says twice a year is not really necessary.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top