Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Angiogram

After being sent to hospital twice by doctors in an ambulance suffering with chest pain over the last 3-4 weeks, I was discharged the last time and referred to the rapid access chest pain clinic.
I have been there this morning and basically after a 2hr appointment I now have to go for an Angiogram, for which I will recieve an appointment in the next couple of weeks for.
Has anyone ever had an angiogram here please? as I would like to know from a patients point of view what its like. Was it painful? Please be honest as I would rather be prepared.
I have also been persciibed some medication Slozem. I am waiting for the pharmacy to call me back though as reading the leaflet it says it shouldn't be used with a GTN spray, which I am perscibed and use. Nobody at the hospital said don't use it with the tablets. Also it says a common side effect is dizziness. I can't deal with that as how would I drive and work etc. Has anyone else used these tablets? How did you find them.
They have also said I really need to get myself referred for an endoscope for my gastric problems, which at the moment I am refusing as the thought of something going down my throat while I am awake terrifies the life out of me and so many medical people and other people have said its awful and they don't blame me.
So basically no answers yet, got to wait for the angiogram and for now decide whether I am going to take these tablets or not.
I really would appreciate hearing any of your experiences.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Re: Angiogram

Hi, I had an endoscopy for stomach trouble some years ago and, while it is very uncomfortable, it doesn't hurt and it's over in the blink of an eye. They took a photo of my stomach lining and a sample of the juices. As a result they immediately found that I had ulcers caused by a bug. I was prescribed a course of tablets which I took for one week and have had no problems since then. My advice is to go for it and hope that you have the same happy outcome that I did.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 04:46 PM

My dad has had one twice, and I remember him saying they were fine, tho he is a tough cookie (but a bit of a chicken really, as he doesn't want a by-pass!)

*hugs*
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 04:47 PM

I have had four and can honestly say there is no pain, if you have it through the wrist or groin they give you a local anesthetic first,
See the thread http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=7985
which is just below this one.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 04:51 PM

There's a chap goes in our club, he had an angiogram on a Friday morning, he was out having a pint at night.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Yes Joe had one in the groin and had sedation,if they dont offer it ask for it Joe had two stents put in at the same time.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 07:31 PM

Sorry but it was possibly the most painful thing ive ever had I cried through most of it and had a lovely nurse holding my hand. when they removed the line the nurse leant on me so hard I ended up with the most huge bruise. 2 yrs on I still get pain where it went in. I wont ever go for one again unless they knock me out. I now this isnt what you wanted to hear but its the truth im afraid and when I asked people before I had mine including my OH who is a nurse they all said it was easy and painless. So I guess I was simply unlucky.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 03:15 AM

I had awful pains across the shoulders not the chest. Ambulance called and diagnosed having a heart attack.
At hospital went through all the drill,tubes and wires everywhere. Kept in side ward wired up then after a couple of days moved to main heart ward where I waited for several days before going down for Angiogram.
Had Angiogram in the groin,local anaesthic......dont remember any pain........Half way through I heard doctor say that will do.......Treat with tablets no stent needed.
I have been on 7 tablets a day ever since.
I guess I was lucky.......other poor chaps in ward needed one or two stents.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 08:59 AM

I didnt have an anaesthetic in my groin.. This may be why it was so painful.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I didnt have an anaesthetic in my groin.. This may be why it was so painful.
Hi Cassie...I am certain that was why it was so painful.,how awful for you.

I wonder why they didn`t give you a local.!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top