Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 08:50 PM

Re: Angiogram

Thankyou everyone, I really appreciate hearing your experiences and i will make sure I get my local anesthetic.
I had a phone call today from the hospital giving me an appointment next Friday at 8.30am for the angiogram,(apparently the consultant wants me in urgently she said) so I am going to have to get the day off work, which won't go down well as I was off today, after the tablets they gave me at the hospital yesterday, made me so ill I could barely stand. I am not taking anymore of them.
Someone is going to phone me beforehand and go through everything with me. But after she said I couldn't go to work for 24 - 48hrs afterwards, because my job is very physical, I thought a Friday would be a good day as I then have the weekend to recover fully.
I forgot to ask her if she can arrange me transport home though, as I won't be allowed to drive or get a bus, so hopefully if I get to speak to this other person next week I won't be too late to arrange something.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 07:55 AM

Bev darlin' - hospital transport. This can either be in a car with a hospital 'volunteer' or inside a full ambulance - one of those 'patient transport' ambulances.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 08:37 AM

I had my angio gram last Friday, and done everything by the book for the first 48 hrs just as they said, but I am still in discomfort and still find it too painful to drive. I just can't get my leg to the brake without pain.
I went to work on Monday but have been in too much discomfort when I walk to go in since.
Can anyone tell me how long it took you or anyone you know to get back to normal. I cannot afford to stay off work as its my only income.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Bev darlin' - what post-operative pain relief medication did the hospital give you??? It very much sounds as if your medication needs to be either changed or increased to make you more comfortable.

When I came out of hospital at the end of December last (having had a hip revision operation), the Hospital gave me two bottles or Oromorph (liquid morphine) plus two boxes of Zapain (Dihydrocodeine (30Mg) and Paracetamol (500Mg)). By taking both medications 2 hours apart from one another, I was able to hobble around my place for a few weeks until the pain finally subsided altogether.

However, if you do take either of these medications, be warned, you shouldn't drive as they both cause drowsiness.
madmare
Essex UK

23-05-2012, 09:59 AM

You don't get given pain relief after an angiogram, nobody did.
You are just told to rest with your leg up for 48hrs to let the main artery they cut heal, and not drive or do anything strenuous, or bend down, or heavy lifting for 48hrs.
I followed those instructions and my 48hrs were up Sunday lunchtime, but I am more uncomfortable now than I was then.
I just wondered if anyone else that had an angiogram found it took longer than 48hrs to get back to normal.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

23-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Bev darlin' - your hospital doctors are ridiculous!!! - go back to your GP and get some strong analgesics (as I have previously suggested). If you need additional time away from work, you're entitled to either pay or Statutory Sick Pay.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Well Bev, I didn't have any pain, soreness but not pain, but I did change from my briefs to boxers so they were not tight in the groin.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:31 PM

yes I had a angogram before my oppp ints pianless but the worst part is when you have to keep still with the clamp on your leg while recovering
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo ->
Hi Cassie...I am certain that was why it was so painful.,how awful for you.

I wonder why they didn`t give you a local.!!!
After heart attack and hospitalisation for 4 wks sent for Angiogram given a local in groin Angioplasty done 3 stents put in no pain at all. Would have it done tomorrow no problem. Out of curiosity anyone had it done and still on Clopidogrel most off after 1 year I'm on for life.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 01:58 PM

not herd of that pill

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top