Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 02:21 PM

Re: Angiogram

Originally Posted by pixie ->
not herd of that pill
It's called Plavix and it's to stop the platelets in the blood becoming sticky and blocking the stents which were done in 2005. But I was up and walking about 14 hrs later with no pain or discomfort If you're in pain go to your GP cos that's not right I know lots of people had it done and no one had a problem and done at different hospitals different years.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
It's called Plavix and it's to stop the platelets in the blood becoming sticky and blocking the stents which were done in 2005. But I was up and walking about 14 hrs later with no pain or discomfort If you're in pain go to your GP cos that's not right I know lots of people had it done and no one had a problem and done at different hospitals different years.
Hazel darlin' I think Plavix and Warfarin are similar. Like you I will be taking anti-coagulents (Warfarin) for the rest of my life.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 05:10 PM

After heart attack and hospitalisation for 4 wks sent for Angiogram given a local in groin Angioplasty done 3 stents put in no pain at all. Would have it done tomorrow no problem. Out of curiosity anyone had it done and still on Clopidogrel most off after 1 year I'm on for life.
Hazel I have been on Clopidogrel now for two and a half years, I too am likely to be on it for the rest of my life.
But only this weekend they discovered I have a build up in the ferumel artery in the thigh, and once again I shall have another angiogram with hopefully a stent.
That will be my fourth.
And I really do stick to a "eat for your heart diet".
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hazel darlin' I think Plavix and Warfarin are similar. Like you I will be taking anti-coagulents (Warfarin) for the rest of my life.
I take Warfarin too that thins the blood plavix alters the sort of texture of it, have to take both lifelong.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Hazel I have been on Clopidogrel now for two and a half years, I too am likely to be on it for the rest of my life.
But only this weekend they discovered I have a build up in the ferumel artery in the thigh, and once again I shall have another angiogram with hopefully a stent.
That will be my fourth.
And I really do stick to a "eat for your heart diet".
I don't stick to any diet I eat what I want and I do drink alcohol cos if I don't they have to increase the warfarin. I'm afraid I'm a great dissappointment to the docs, they always want me to have pains but I don't, there is another artery they said would need doing eventually but it's been 7 yrs now so I don't worry.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 06:00 PM

I don't stick to any diet I eat what I want and I do drink alcohol cos if I don't they have to increase the warfarin. I'm afraid I'm a great dissappointment to the docs, they always want me to have pains but I don't, there is another artery they said would need doing eventually but it's been 7 yrs now so I don't worry.
Hazel darlin' - it sounds as if you need a re-bore - shall I book you into your local garage for that and an MOT too???
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Hazel darlin' - it sounds as if you need a re-bore - shall I book you into your local garage for that and an MOT too???
if you did I just might pass the MOT but might be a bit past the re-bore though
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-06-2012, 06:12 PM

but might be a bit past the re-bore though

Absolutely not Hazel darlin' you're still spring chicken!!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

01-06-2012, 06:24 PM

but might be a bit past the re-bore though

Absolutely not Hazel darlin' you're still spring chicken!!!!
got COPD too though and Atrial Fibrillation both cause breathlesness through exertion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-06-2012, 07:14 PM

got COPD too though and Atrial Fibrillation both cause breathlesness through exertion.

Me too Hazel darlin' - chronic Asthmatic and also had five pulmonary emboli which have seriously scarred my lungs.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top