Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:28 PM

Re: Angiogram

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Me too Hazel darlin' - chronic Asthmatic and also had five pulmonary emboli which have seriously scarred my lungs.
Sorry to hear that UJ but your like me and a lot of others keep trying and keep going (if only to annoy them)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Sorry to hear that UJ but your like me and a lot of others keep trying and keep going (if only to annoy them)
Hazel darlin' that depends on who 'them' are. In my case its the 'powers that be', the Aristocracy, the Government and pompous idiots in the DWP.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Hazel darlin' that depends on who 'them' are. In my case its the 'powers that be', the Aristocracy, the Government and pompous idiots in the DWP.
with me it's the medical profs. Went to hospital appointment a few weeks ago, nothing to do with my heart and the nurse wanted to get me a wheelchair and when I refused offered me her arm to lean on??? seems I shouldn't look like I do with what I've got wrong
Same day a man with a walking stick accused me of illegally using a blue badge, cos there was obviously nothing wrong with me.
can't win so don't bother trying. I enjoy myself so who cares about the rest of the know it alls.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 09:37 AM

with me it's the medical profs. Went to hospital appointment a few weeks ago, nothing to do with my heart and the nurse wanted to get me a wheelchair and when I refused offered me her arm to lean on??? seems I shouldn't look like I do with what I've got wrong
Same day a man with a walking stick accused me of illegally using a blue badge, cos there was obviously nothing wrong with me.
can't win so don't bother trying. I enjoy myself so who cares about the rest of the know it alls.
Oh Hazel darlin' can relate to that - albeit had the opposite happen to me. Whilst waiting for my hip operation, my mobility was far from clever. Just down the road from me is a set of traffic lights and as I hobbled across, was approached by a little old lady who was offering me help to get across the crossing - embarrassing or what???
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

02-06-2012, 09:41 AM

Oh Hazel darlin' can relate to that - albeit had the opposite happen to me. Whilst waiting for my hip operation, my mobility was far from clever. Just down the road from me is a set of traffic lights and as I hobbled across, was approached by a little old lady who was offering me help to get across the crossing - embarrassing or what???
you sounded just like my friend then who insists on saying "this little old lady or man" she's only 4'9" tall and is 70.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

02-06-2012, 09:47 AM

you sounded just like my friend then who insists on saying "this little old lady or man" she's only 4'9" tall and is 70.
About the same size as my Grandmother - she was a 'match girl' in her early years at Bryant & May factory in East London. There was a strike (excuse the pun) and my Father had a photograph of her wielding a rolled up umbrella laying about this Policeman on the picket line outside the factory.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

02-06-2012, 10:01 AM

About the same size as my Grandmother - she was a 'match girl' in her early years at Bryant & May factory in East London. There was a strike (excuse the pun) and my Father had a photograph of her wielding a rolled up umbrella laying about this Policeman on the picket line outside the factory.
She sounds my kind of lady.Love hearing old stories too and you often hear of the old dears being little and fiesty.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

02-06-2012, 10:26 AM

She sounds my kind of lady.Love hearing old stories too and you often hear of the old dears being little and fiesty.
Gran certainly was that. During WW1 she was conscripted into Woolwich Arsenal making ammunition. At war's end, my Grandfather was transferred from Bricklayers Arms (he was a Railwayman) to Brighton Engine works (he built steam engines), and so they moved to Brighton and a small flat with a caste-iron kitchen range. Gran was a smoker and she used a big brass shell casing filled with sand as her ash tray. The shell itself stood the other side of the hearth. As a kid I used to play with this shell. After Gran died and we cleared her flat, we found out that the shell was a 6" Naval shell and was still 'live' - one that she had made (how the hell she managed to smuggle it out of the Arsenal is anybody's guess). Had it 'gone off' it would have taken out the entire house where she lived and five houses on either side of it.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

02-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Gran certainly was that. During WW1 she was conscripted into Woolwich Arsenal making ammunition. At war's end, my Grandfather was transferred from Bricklayers Arms (he was a Railwayman) to Brighton Engine works (he built steam engines), and so they moved to Brighton and a small flat with a caste-iron kitchen range. Gran was a smoker and she used a big brass shell casing filled with sand as her ash tray. The shell itself stood the other side of the hearth. As a kid I used to play with this shell. After Gran died and we cleared her flat, we found out that the shell was a 6" Naval shell and was still 'live' - one that she had made (how the hell she managed to smuggle it out of the Arsenal is anybody's guess). Had it 'gone off' it would have taken out the entire house where she lived and five houses on either side of it.
these are the stories I love to hear, what characters they were ,she must have known it was live wonder what she thought.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top