Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 01:18 AM

Re: Off to the hospital

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Oh I didn't, Kitty. All that clunking and banging over my head. Me heart was in me mouth most of the time, and at one point it sounded as if there was a motorbike revving about two inches from my head. It was awful.

I hope Cassie's experience was much more pleasant.
I can understand that Mollie, you should have been advised what to expect, in my experience patients are told what to expect, most people don't like being confined, which can be very stressful.

I am sorry you had a bad experience Mollie.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 01:28 AM

Well, they gave me a set of earphones with music, which didn't help at all because they came off, and I closed my eyes so didn't actually "see" that I was confined.

It started off as a gentle hum which sounded as if there was a tumbling action, then suddenly creaking, groaning, and dreadful noises overhead then quiet again, and I didn't know when the sounds were coming again, so my heart was bouncing when it was over.

I was shaking like a leaf when I came out of it but, if I need another one any time, I'll at least know what to expect.

Cassie, so sorry if this is hijacking your topic.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 07:47 AM

Cassie darlin' - only just now catching up with this topic. Yes I hope it all went well for you and that the injections have done the trick and eased your pain and discomfort.

Mollie darlin' - MRI scans are nothing to be frightened of - I actually fell asleep inside one, notwithstanding your accurate description of the different noises.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Sorry Ive taken a while to reply! Forgive my laziness I cant be bothered to scroll back again lol but no its not like cortisone which goes between joints. This was steroid & anti inflamatory straight into the muscles eitherside of my neck. Im so bruised today! It'll pass in a couple of days though. The problem is everytime my spine collapses down a bit more it sends my muscles into spasm which because of the pain gives me the terrible migraines I have with all the sickness. Hopefully the injections will stop the spasms. As for the mri eeek as like last time I get very anxious but I get sedated and then im ok. Im on more painkillers now as well and I feel very floaty and rather odd! I just go with it though as its preferable to all the pain. Just cant get my act together very well and I still have spells of the vertigo.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 01:19 PM

Oh poor you Cassie I do hope all that you went through is worth it and that you will feel better soon.

I think I'd much rather feel floaty and odd as opposed to being in pain too.

((((Hugs))))
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Yes I had one or two of those as I have epilepsy,mine were done in Manchester Royal.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Just caught up with your thread Cassie. Hope the treatment gives you some relief from the pain......
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Why are MRI scans so noisy. I've not had one but my late partner did and I could hear all the noise from the waiting area. I would have thought the whole process was mostly computerized now so cannot understand why you get the noise. Maybe someone could explain

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top