Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Re: Cancer

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
So sorry to hear that Pixie. I've got the same thing going on with my baby brother who's 53. He also waited too long before he did anything about it and now after numerous operations and treatment its spread throughout his body. so very sad.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Marian

Life can be so cruel at times
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 02:54 PM

So sorry to read of the progression of your brother's illness Pixie and Marian's young brother also.It must be a dreadful for you all at the moment.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 02:54 PM

Thanks Mags, yep life can be so cruel, so we have to make the most of each day!
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Sorry to hear of your brother Pixie. I lost one of my brothers to prostrate cancer, he wouldn't see a doctor by the time he did it had spread to his bones, he had it for three years.

My thoughts are with you and your family. x
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Sometimes though even when you go too the doctors early you have to wait such a long time before you get seen at the hospital, and then some more before you have the op. You don't really stand a chance.

I'm waiting for the result of my biopsy at the moment and from when I went to the doctors upto now it's been 3 months!! Gawd knows how much longer it will be if I need an op.

Like I say you don't stand a chance at the moment in this country.

Not going off topic.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Oh dear Pixie it was to be hoped the operation your Brother had earlier this year would have checked the progress of the cancer . Sadly it seems this was not to be.

It must be difficult for you being on the other side of the world

Wishing your Brother well xx
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Sometimes though even when you go too the doctors early you have to wait such a long time before you get seen at the hospital, and then some more before you have the op. You don't really stand a chance.

I'm waiting for the result of my biopsy at the moment and from when I went to the doctors upto now it's been 3 months!! Gawd knows how much longer it will be if I need an op.

Like I say you don't stand a chance at the moment in this country.

Not going off topic.
Alison darlin' - don't stand for that - doorstep your GP's surgery and continue to pester him/her on a daily basis until your get the results of your biopsy.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 10:28 PM

My thoughts are with you ...Cancer is a cruel illness and very much a lottery I have lost a lot of family to it (not recently) and a few friends ....Sue
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2012, 10:52 PM

Ann lass, I'll say here what I've said in my emails to you over the last several months, it's a waiting game for M and I remember you telling me the whole story and I thought it was such a tragic story, especially when he wouldn't see a doctor at the early stages. You know how I feel for you, but I'm glad you've put it in here as well to get support from these lovely folk. I take it he doesn't go to Christie's for chemo or radio-therapy.

You've had an awful year, what with your major heart operation, your mum-in-law dying just a few weeks ago, and this as well.

My brother Jeff died of bladder cancer five years ago, and then my darling friend Marg died of bowel cancer just three years ago.

As has been said, it's a cruel illness. Alison lass, you should not have to wait three months for a biopsy. Christie's Hospital in Manchester is the busiest hospital in the UK for cancer and here in the NW that's where samples go for biopsy, but patients wait for no longer than 3/4 weeks for a result, so do as Uncle Joe says and start pestering your GP for an answer.

Marian, you also have my best wishes for your brother and my thoughts are with you all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2012, 09:00 AM

My thoughts are with you and your brother at this terrible time pixie....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top