Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 05:40 PM

Re: 'Eat, Fast and Live Longer'

Yes .. I know I'm sad to spot these things and Mr M thinks I'm truly sad as watching TV I'm always pointing and going 'Look at him! Young ... Bald and Fat!'

My missus is the same as you for that, she's "Very pass remarkable" as my mother used to say, sometimes when we're out she'd make a holy show of me with her remarks, and she means no harm by them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 05:47 PM

I cant get that link over here Meg, the iplayer is only for the UK, so it says.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I tell you what I've always wondered ..

Cast your mind back to the days when all you saw was thin people walking about ... no fatties ... can we still call them fatties?
Anyway these thinnies probably came from the generation that were bought up on meat and two veg meals, no junk food ... and might even have remembered food rationing! Yet in the main they seem to have healthier constitution
I understand people were never fitter than they were during the war when food was rationed.
I would think more so for country people who had better access to fruit and vegetables than those living in the towns. They had the perfect diet it would seem...
So .. is all this junk food the culprit for over-weightness ... or are food additives to blame?
I would say both and this is born out by a previous programme by the same presenter Dr Michael Mosley . Our bodies are not designed to metabolise highly refined foods full of chemical additives.

And another oddity ... hope I don't offend anyone here but where has all the young mens hair gone? They all seem to recede or go bald early in their early twenties!

Yes .. I know I'm sad to spot these things and Mr M thinks I'm truly sad as watching TV I'm always pointing and going 'Look at him! Young ... Bald and Fat!'
I really don't know about baldness, isn't that related to hormones?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I cant get that link over here Meg, the iplayer is only for the UK, so it says.
Jem that is a shame, I guess there is not much we can do about that for you
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Did anyone watch this Horizon programme 'Eat Fast and Live Longer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_Live_Longer/

I found it very interesting.
It explains the benefits to our bodies of eating less food in general and of fasting.

(Dear U.J. not one for you I think .)
Absolutely Meg darlin' - the longest period of starvation is that period when I'm asleep, although my Doctor has in the past couple of days given me a form for a blood test and I have to starve () from midnight till after the blood test (08.45) THAT is going to be a hard test!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-08-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Absolutely Meg darlin' - the longest period of starvation is that period when I'm asleep, although my Doctor has in the past couple of days given me a form for a blood test and I have to starve () from midnight till after the blood test (08.45) THAT is going to be a hard test!!!!
good heavens UJ is the man mad

I hope the blood test proves ok and won't lead to more fasting..xx
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 10:15 AM

Meg darlin' - the main test is to check my cholesterol level (I've been on Atorvastatin for some years).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
good heavens UJ is the man mad

I hope the blood test proves ok and won't lead to more fasting..xx
On my way home I have to pass close to a small restaurant that serves 'All day breakfasts'. I will be getting a larger 'big breakfast' that day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
On my way home I have to pass close to a small restaurant that serves 'All day breakfasts'. I will be getting a larger 'big breakfast' that day.
UJ you are very naughty
.. living dangerously as they say ...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-08-2012, 11:37 AM

Meg darlin' - merely keeping body and soul together

their 'big breakfast consists of: 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, black pudding, chips and 2 doorstep slices of toast!!! LUVERLY!!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top