Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 04:00 PM

Re: Insect bites.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Two days ago I was sitting in the garden reading. I was wearing shorts and my husband notice a purple mark on the back of my leg. I must admit that I had not noticed anything, but my husband said it looked like a bite. I had not felt anything at all.
I bathed it in Dettol and put on antiseptic cream.
It has since swollen and is painful. I think it may be a horsefly bite. Has any one been bitten by one.
Hi Mesco, few years back I was bitten on my elbow by a horsefly boy did I feel it bite. It did swell, itch, drove me mad. Had to visit the doc in the end he gave me the usual anit-biotics and it did the trick but still got the scar to prove it. Nasty little blighters.

I did read on the internet to stop the itchiness use a hairdryer on the bite full blast till you can't stand the heat and it takes out the itch!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Hi Mesco, few years back I was bitten on my elbow by a horsefly boy did I feel it bite. It did swell, itch, drove me mad. Had to visit the doc in the end he gave me the usual anit-biotics and it did the trick but still got the scar to prove it. Nasty little blighters.

I did read on the internet to stop the itchiness use a hairdryer on the bite full blast till you can't stand the heat and it takes out the itch!
Hi Kath. Judging from what I have read I don't think it is a horsefly bite, my bite is not so nasty as others appear to have been.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 11:03 PM

I was at my parents last week helping dad with the garden, i didn't notice until i was at home that my arm was itchy, its really weird but i have a semi circle of raised lumps which are driving me mad even after almost a week now.

I have applied cream etc but its still just as bad the lumps are deep red and very sore now, my fault for scratching, it has to be some sort of bite/bites but I've no idea what.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
I was at my parents last week helping dad with the garden, i didn't notice until i was at home that my arm was itchy, its really weird but i have a semi circle of raised lumps which are driving me mad even after almost a week now.

I have applied cream etc but its still just as bad the lumps are deep red and very sore now, my fault for scratching, it has to be some sort of bite/bites but I've no idea what.
Now it does sound like you have been bitten by a horse fly.
Keep a close eye on it Kitty.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Now it does sound like you have been bitten by a horse fly.
Keep a close eye on it Kitty.
Yes I'm keeping a close eye on it mall, its not worse but if its still the same by monday i will get it looked at, I've never had anything like this before.

i hope your bite is improving nothing worse when your itching
mesco m
manchester

17-08-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
Yes I'm keeping a close eye on it mall, its not worse but if its still the same by monday i will get it looked at, I've never had anything like this before.

i hope your bite is improving nothing worse when your itching
Mine is just a little swollen and just a little itchy but it is not causing me any problem now, thank you Kitty.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 12:06 AM

I never got bitten when I was young, now I'm forever having bites more so if I go near rivers. They must like tough old birds.
mesco m
manchester

18-08-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I never got bitten when I was young, now I'm forever having bites more so if I go near rivers. They must like tough old birds.
Or tender young chics

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top