Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:38 AM

Re: Storms

I detest thunderstorms, especially as I was nearly struck by lightening a few years ago. It caused problems at my childhood home too where the storms were particularly bad.

We had an unpleasant one last night, plenty of lightening. I think I got a maximum of an hours sleep last night, with the storm and the intense heat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:38 AM

The main storm arrived here about 1am sheet lightning that lit the whole sky for many moments at a time .
Chloe decided she would sit at the top of the stairs and a bark at it to scare it away . To add to the cacophony some sheep had been separated off from the main flock, lambs I guess and protested about this action and the storm so all in all a very disrupted night.

This morning the humidity is horrid it's like being in a sauna outside.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Not a sausage here!
That's sad, TessA. A sausage sandwich would have been very comforting!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:46 AM

Should we unplug our TVs when a storm is happening , mum always did but I'm wondering if it is necessary . I was going to climb out of bed and do it last night but couldn't be bothered
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:52 AM

Nothing happened here, just a hot muggy night.

Pity members don't at least put which county they are in. No good saying it was a bad night here if we don't know where "here" is
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:54 AM

Sat up, watching the lightning with Mrs Bread for about an hour, it was amazing.

I love thunder and lightning - dunno why.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Here in Cambridgeshire I was woken at 04.20am by a very noisy thunderstorm and then saw the flashes of lightning all around, not a lot of rain though.

I was so wiped out with the heat and humidity over the last few days, that it was a case of just going back to sleep. My 'sleepathon' meant I then slept for another four hours, eleven-and-a-half hours total!

Now I am about ready to face another day of excessive heat and humidity!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We are having the most spectacular electrical storm here in the SW. There have been constant flashes of lightening, one per second for the past twenty minutes at least and it looks as though it will continue for a while yet.

Anyone else seeing a storm at the moment?
It was very impressive here, sheet lightening lit up the sky all around the house & the thunder rumbled around. I turned off the pc just in case & watched the storm for a while. Then I went to bed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 09:54 AM

It's just gone 9:30am and the temperature is already 25*C with humidity at 50%....In the dark cold days of winter we all wished for a good summer.....Here it is folks.....Phew!

Will today's high beat yesterday's? And that was in the shade!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Should we unplug our TVs when a storm is happening , mum always did but I'm wondering if it is necessary . I was going to climb out of bed and do it last night but couldn't be bothered
Lightning will probably demolish the house anyway Susan...

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top