Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 09:03 PM

Re: Fireworks

I hate fireworks, I absolutely despise them. And Edinburgh probably has more fireworks than anywhere else with all the organised displays around the castle and elsewhere.

I don't get the mentality of grown men setting off fireworks in the street, either.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
More fireworks going off here tonight than there were last night.

Hopefully their stocks will be low by the time tomorrow night comes round.

Same here Mags. More tonight.

Because it was quite windy here last night, the big organised display was cancelled.

It said first time in 50 years they'd had to cancel it and were refunding everyone's ticket prices.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 09:30 PM

Took dog out. She was her usual stubborn self, not wanting to move, but did her toilet very quickly. Tried to encourage her up the road, and she may have either smelt the foxes, dogs, seen neighbours, been looking for my sister (who went home earlier) because she usually stops and looks back, a habit she has on lots of walks. But there were plenty of fireworks going on, lots of noise, and she was as good as gold. Managed to get up the hill, speak to someone I knew, and back again, no trouble or distress from her.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 06:44 AM

Here's what it is all about (thanks to Big Clive) disappointingly without all the bangs and flashes that normally accompany his videos:

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:04 AM

Awakened by the hand cannons this morning that start at about 6am through to 7am. Quite an eerie sound.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 02:48 AM

212,859 signatures and increasing by the minute .....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 06:07 AM

I must have the weirdest cats in the world, they have no reaction to fireworks at all....George actually sat on a high wall and watched the fireworks Sox slept through it and took no notice whatsoever and Tuppy the oldest is deaf as a post and doesn't know what day it is anyway

I'm sorry for pets that are scared but doesn't everyone remember what fun bonfire night was as kids? We all go on about how they are stuck to their computer screens playing games and not interacting in the real world....don't take bonfire night away from them....pets will cope it's not every night.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
but doesn't everyone remember what fun bonfire night was as kids?
No! My brother and sister would be outside with dad and the fireworks - I would be under the kitchen table - terrified. Dad was the one who bought/set the fireworks off - we were not allowed near them.

....don't take bonfire night away from them.
I don't want to stop bonfire night per se - just keep it to the ONE night and properly organised. That way we can be supportive of our pets, the children (of all ages!) still have their fun and no-one is hurt.

[/quote]...pets will cope it's not every night.[/QUOTE]

Some pets don't cope though - even with tranquilizers. Willow was so scared that she was sick - then hid herself in a wardrobe behind my winter jumpers.

Every night for the last three weeks there have been fireworks going off around here. Even this morning - 5:30am - some idiot was sending up rockets!!

On bonfire night - at the other side of town on one of the nastiest council estates - firemen were called to an out of control bonfire - and then were attacked by youths throwing rocks and fireworks at them. How sick is that?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:38 AM

Sorry if I upset you with my post here Tabs, I suppose where I live I'm fairly removed, the village does have an organised bonfire but it's well away from me so it doesn't impact on me or the cats that much. We hear the bangs but they are quite muffled. Sorry that your little pals got so upset I didn't mean to trivialise the situation. You are right it should be just one night.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:46 AM

You need a licence here to buy fireworks so really the only ones seen are at organised displays, of which there are plenty

Its also not November the 5th that is marked with Fireworks here, but halloween

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top