Join for free
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 09:16 PM

More Hydrangeas

Nice pink mixed one.

Huge pink one.

Purple and yellow one

Pink and green one,

all these off the same bush.....

Couldn't pass this so took a snap lovely single rose.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 09:26 PM

Re: More Hydrangeas

Are these this years Gabi they are very pretty.
I have noticed some beauties in neighbours gardens, they seem to like the wet weather
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Yes Meg I took the photos the other day, there is a variety of colours and sizes on this old bush. Many years ago I chopped it down to an inch of it's life at the wrong time of year thinking it would die as I'm not a big fan of it. It's grown bigger and stronger since then.......just to annoy me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 10:00 PM

Simply beautiful, Gabi ...... what huge heads they have too!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 11:33 PM

Amazing to think that they are all off one bush! As I was scrolling down I was thinking that you had lots of bushes

I think Meg is right about them doing well in the rain as I believe that they do need a lot of water and I usually try and remember to give mine extra, but hey ho haven't needed to this year!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 05:03 AM

Lovely flowers.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Hydrangeas are one of my favourite flowers we have always had some in the garden I think I love them so much as my grandad had a huge one at the bottom of his lawned area he used to empty his potty on it to make it go blue (sorry) and also my nan bought me a dress with hydrangeas on it just before she died I was 5 at the time and when I was 10 I saw the exact same dress in a shop in Wolverhampton and had to have it I drove mum mad till she bought it for me ....Sue
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 12:41 PM

They are pretty, but always known to me as "boarding house plants". The reason being when I was a child and we used to go on holiday almost every boarding house or private hotel had these plants outside so they became known to us as "boarding house plants"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top