Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Re: Cold Hard Facts Regarding Brexit.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Several MPs and cabinet ministers have resigned so far. I'd hazard a guess you would be among them JRB and not be supporting it either. Its a very bad sign when the brexit minister hates it.
I certainly would be, Julia.

Funny how, after 5 hours of discussion in Cabinet the stupid woman announced that her 'plan' had been agreed in Cabinet, yet now they have been released, they are resigning in protest.

Surely, as this continues, it can't be long before a vote of no confidence in May and she is out of office.

How stupid, in the first place, to appoint a remainer to honour the majority vote to leave the EU!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
Here you are .....

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-6424_en.htm
Sorry, but that is not acceptable.

Firstly, it is published by our enemy, who can surely never be relied upon to give true statements.

Secondly, I want a clear and simple list (single sentences, please) of what we are giving and what we are getting. For example:

- fishery areas in our legal waters will continue to be freely available to EU countries;

- we shall pay the EU £39 billion for our so-called freedom;

etc, etc.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:30 PM

I think by now we all know what you want, you have said it all so many times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I think by now we all know what you want, you have said it all so many times.
Not being funny but so have you. That's what forum life is like.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Firstly, it is published by our enemy, who can surely never be relied upon to give true statements.

Secondly, I want a clear and simple list (single sentences, please) of what we are giving and what we are getting. For example:

- fishery areas in our legal waters will continue to be freely available to EU countries;

etc, etc.

Here you go JBR, try this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46208764
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

etc, etc.
OK then, no problem .... I'll drop a line to Michel and Terry asking them to put it in words of no more than four letters ... specially for you!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:32 PM

OMG, where does one start! I’ve been going cross-eyed trying to get even the gist of that 500 odd page draft agreement. Below is the little of what I have gleaned. I’m sure someone will correct me if it is wrong, There is such a lot to try and take in with what little infornation we plebs have been given.

Little wonder Arleen and her colleagues are spitting with fury with the blow they have been dealt by Theresa May’s betrayal. What I find hard to believe is how she could ever have agreed to the temporary backstop entrapping Northern Ireland and the UK to ever be put into place, knowing that if we are unhappy with how things are progressing, we have no right,(even though we have already left the EU), to be independent enough to say, “it is not working for us”. Instead, the decision of whether or not we will even be allowed to leave will be in the hands of an “Independent Panel” to determine whether we will be able to leave!! I cannot also believe that even though we will be out of the EU, we will still in some cases, have to make checks on goods leaving the mainland destined for another part of the UK - namely, Northern Ireland??? How the hell did that come about? I could understand if it was destined for Southern Ireland, but this should be unacceptable as it is basically a border in the middle of the sea!.
The backstop will also come under the jurisdiction of the “European Court of Justice,” again, another red line. So there are two to begin with. Keeping us in a Customs Union and still being under the ruling of the ECJ..

Just one mention of Immigration control in the draft agreement,
“The UK will “take back control” of migration from the EU, but it will happen slowly.

Fishing Rights - In the small print amongst all the jargon, there will be no conclusion until 2021 but it has been worded in such a way that French and Spanish fishermen will have the same rights as British Fishermen.
British and Scottish fishermen are said to be absolutely furious and betrayed by the government after the announcement of the implementation period effectively keeping the industry under the control of the CFP until 2020.

Fishing for Leave said: “The transition means obeying all EU law, allowing the EU to enforce detrimental laws to massacre what’s left of the British fleet. This would allow the EU to cite international law to claim the “surplus” resources Britain would no longer have the fleet to catch. If Mrs May has capitulated to EU demands to sacrifice fishing for this deal it is even more reprehensible. MP’s in coastal constituencies and beyond will be massacred.
Being a free, sovereign nation after the short term of separation is a far bigger boom than staying shackled as a vassal state to a failed EU that we voted to leave”.

Economy - Brussels has demanded “dynamic alignment” on state aid, which basically means the UK is only allowed to “cut and paste” EU regulations as they are issued. Britain must also transfer three EU tax directives into law - on the exchange of tax information, reporting on investment firms and the EU’s code of conduct on taxation.

“Non-Regression clauses” will also prevent the UK from bringing in lower standards on social, environmental and labour regulations such as working hours.
Many of these requirements would also be anathema to Conservative Brexiteers, for whom leaving the EU represented an opportunity to head towards a low-tax, light-regulation economy such as that seen in Singapore.

Well, that is as much as I have been able to digest so far, what with the spectacle of so many MP’s and PPS’s resigning and listening to the pummelling Theresa May is receiving in the House.

Just heard on the news that Jacob RM has put forward a letter for a leadership challenge!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:37 PM

Worried me initially they had 500 pages to read and discuss and did it in less than 5 hours if they wrote it that way and negotiated that way no wonder we have the mess we do !

If they can fish here can we pop over and take grapes in french vineyards ? seems a fair deal to me.

All I keep thinking is leave with no deal can't be worse than this !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Worried me initially they had 500 pages to read and discuss and did it in less than 5 hours if they wrote it that way and negotiated that way no wonder we have the mess we do !

If they can fish here can we pop over and take grapes in french vineyards ? seems a fair deal to me.

All I keep thinking is leave with no deal can't be worse than this !

Hi

No Deal means massive financial losses.

Never thought you would be in favour of Benefits cuts Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No Deal means massive financial losses.

Never thought you would be in favour of Benefits cuts Julie.
Swim with tories in charge they will cut them no matter what happens it's in their blood to carry on cutting to destroy the safety net for the disabled and non workers. So I can't see that causing more of a problem than most of us have already.

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top