Join for free
Page 45 of 46 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 >
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:38 PM

Re: Over 50's Scotland club (Part 1 )

Myra I imagine Dorothy will be tucked up in bed, or he will come on here a wee bit later. Sorry to hear about Martin's mum having a mild stroke she seems to be remarkable for her age long may it last.
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 12:13 AM

Sorry to hear about Martin's mum, hope she manages to enjoy her cruise, good luck to her.
My brother is coming out of the hospice on Thursday the day we go down, he is insistent to be home when we get there. He is coming home in an ambulance and will need a wheelchair. He just keeps saying to hold it together when I see him, eek!!! apparently he has lost about 10 stone can you believe, and is just a wee frail skeletal thing. God bless him!!!

Was out tonight at the Gorbals at the Citizen's theatre, and seen Slab Boys, very different, but very good. Am not long in but feel wide awake. Don't suppose the coffee helps.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 08:18 AM

Morning all.

Och Rona, I'm so sorry about your brother. It will be very difficult to see him a shadow of his former self. He obviously wants to be in his own surroundings, god love him. My thoughts will be with you on Thursday

Jess, martin's mum never let's anything get her down. She'll be off on that cruise giving it laldy! Are you off out and about today Jess?

Hope Dorothy is feeling a bit better. There's so many people loaded with the cold at the moment.

Have a nice day x
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:17 AM

Good morning everybody blue skies here at the moment. Off to get my nails done then into town for a look round the shops. Rona I know how you'll be feeling I got a shock when I saw my brother when he was ill. Myra I'm sure Martin's mum will be the life and soul of the party.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 01:18 PM

Have a nice day Jess. Yes, it's horrible to see a family member going down hill.

It was a lovely morning here. A bit icy, but lovely. Long may it last Just abuot to ham ham rolls for lunch.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

25-02-2015, 05:08 PM

Changed my mind about going into town when I came out after getting my nails done it was raining. Jennifer will be here any minute so I've company till the weekend.
chattielaidee
Glasgow
chattielaidee is female  chattielaidee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 06:02 PM

That's good that you have Jennifer coming down Jess, you will be able to get on some nice walks if the weather permits.

Just finished a mountain of ironing, holiday stuff and stuff from last week plus all the sheets and so it goes on for another wee while.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

25-02-2015, 06:34 PM

That's nice Jennifer it coming down Jess. She's a lovely girl and you'll have a nice couple of days.

Rona, I still hate ironing with a passion. I remember ironing for hours each Sunday, all the boys uniforms for the week, Kenny's shirts for work, all the other stuff. I can't say Im not glad to see the back of it.

They've started taking the scaffolding down from the building and I'll be glad to see the end of it. It's made the building so dark looking when you're inside. They've made such a good job of the outside and it looks very nice. I plan to get out and scrub the stairs when the scaffolding disappears and get it nice and clean after all the building work. Also get my hanging baskets up again. Everything had to be taken down. Any time now the new heating will be up and running. Thank goodness the radiators and boiler is in. That was an upheaval, It'll all be done for Spring. Spring - a nice thought
chattielaidee
Glasgow

25-02-2015, 07:59 PM

Myra you wont know yourself after the workies have left. Yes roll on Spring, it is the best tonic ever to have a nice brigt sunny day, and to see new life in the gardens, I love seeing the wee daffodils popping out all over the place. They are having to decant my Uncle Robert first week in March for 4 days to put a new boiler in and new radiators, he is very confused about it, and keeps saying they are shoving him out of his home, but he couldn't possibly stay during the upheaval. I will go down for the day and see him whilst he is in his temp place, think it will be a room in one of the residential homes.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

25-02-2015, 08:04 PM

Rona I hope the weather is dry enough to get out for a walk, all my ironing is up to date. Myra that's what Elizabeth says about ironing she did enough of it when she did it for the kids for school.

Page 45 of 46 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top