Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 03:45 PM

Re: Ageism

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I disagree Tara.....
In my book everybody gets respect until they do something to lose it....
Apart from those who suddenly in a position of power and expect to be respected. I'm talking about workplace managers who are suddenly 'made up' and behave differently towards those employees they were formerly working with.
People like that will never get my respect. A leopard cannot change its spots, i.e. one cannot change his personality at the drop of a hat when he is suddenly in a position of power.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Goodbye Spitty, I thought it was nice knowing you

Have you banned him for being insolent to the elderly, Mags?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Have you banned him for being insolent to the elderly, Mags?
Not yet Floydy but thanks for the thought!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 07:30 PM

I am totally happy being the age I am on this wonderful sight/
Love Ya all.
xxx
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I am totally happy being the age I am on this wonderful sight/
Love Ya all.
xxx
What wonderful thing did you see?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-08-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What wonderful thing did you see?
She saw the lite.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:32 PM

Apart from those who suddenly in a position of power and expect to be respected. I'm talking about workplace managers who are suddenly 'made up' and behave differently towards those employees they were formerly working with.
People like that will never get my respect. A leopard cannot change its spots, i.e. one cannot change his personality at the drop of a hat when he is suddenly in a position of power.
I don't think it's respect they're expecting Floydy it's obedience, somebody has to be in charge...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-08-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think it's respect they're expecting Floydy it's obedience, somebody has to be in charge...
Bob, I'm all for discipline. I was in the forces remember. But there's a big difference between 'being in charge' and outright bullying.
No mate, you don't know how some of these jumped up wannabes operate at my place. They demand respect just because they are suddenly in charge.
They are under pressure and take it out on the workforce.
Luckily I get on with my job and have no problems but others are victimised.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:58 PM

Bob, I'm all for discipline. I was in the forces remember. But there's a big difference between 'being in charge' and outright bullying.
No mate, you don't know how some of these jumped up wannabes operate at my place. They demand respect just because they are suddenly in charge.
They are under pressure and take it out on the workforce.
Luckily I get on with my job and have no problems but others are victimised.
Forty years of factory life Floydy I've seen them all.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:59 PM

When some of us joined 10 years ago we were over 60, now we are over 70 how time flies....

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top