Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 09:54 PM

Re: Humans Have Stopped Evolving

Originally Posted by Abby ->
Unfortunately too few a people take heed of people like Sir David Attenborough and we still celebrate birth as something special when it is a causal factor of overpopulation which will become unsustainable on earth.

Furthermore to feed all the people humans breed to excess animals like cattle and sheep which does not help the environmental balance.
Oh, well pardon me!! Instead of sending a "congratulations" card to somebody who has a baby, I will have to tell them instead that they have no right to be happy and that they have done a heinous act by having a child.

Thank you for enlightening me Abby, to think I actually was HAPPY when my grandchildren were born, how wrong was I - I should have been disappointed.
Seth
Black Rock Vic. Australia
Seth is male  Seth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Abby ->
Must agree with Mups on that seth

Not only is there more people they are fatter and breed a lot more animals to keep them that way
Abby, I understand how hard it is for a child, especially if blonde and with a puppy, Yes people are fatter and bigger and more of us, but you cannot get something from nothing, only from what exists in one form or another. Ore changed to iron/steel for construction, we are still drinking water that has been used countless times, even our food in another form may have been nutrients for something. it is a wonderful world we live in.
[B]We are the guests at the table of life, but soon to be the hosts./B]
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Seth ->
Abby, Ore changed to iron/steel for construction, we are still drinking water that has been used countless times, even our food in another form may have been nutrients for something. it is a wonderful world we live in.[B]We are the guests at the table of life, but soon to be the hosts./B]

I get what you're saying seth, so what is your answer to how humans are being recycled then? Do you believe we are made from countless re-used bits too?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I get what you're saying seth, so what is your answer to how humans are being recycled then? Do you believe we are made from countless re-used bits too?
Exactly - as I said in my post above: "chemicals in the soil are transformed into plants, plants are eaten and transformed into animals, animals die and are transformed into chemicals in the soil" ... and around and around we go!
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:35 PM

We are star dust.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by lowfiron ->
We are star dust.
Loverly .... I feel 'all twinkly' now ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Exactly - as I said in my post above: "chemicals in the soil are transformed into plants, plants are eaten and transformed into animals, animals die and are transformed into chemicals in the soil" ... and around and around we go!

1. What are the plants eaten by if there are no animals to eat them yet?
2. How does a plant turn into an animal?
3. What about cremated animals/humans, they don't go into the soil, so do they not contribute anything to evolution?
4. Humans come from eggs & sperm, not soil chemicals?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
1. What are the plants eaten by if there are no animals to eat them yet?
2. How does a plant turn into an animal?
3. What about cremated animals/humans, they don't go into the soil, so do they not contribute anything to evolution?
4. Humans come from eggs & sperm, not soil chemicals?
1. If they are not eaten, they contribute to the "circle of life" by seeding, withering and dying and once more becoming part of the soil.

2. It doesn't "turn into an animal" it is absorbed by the animal and is used as fuel or protein for growth or is jettisoned as waste.

3. They don't contribute to evolution, but they do contribute to the "circle of life." A burnt body gives up its water and its oxygen to the atmosphere (plants "breathe in" carbon dioxide and "breathe out" oxygen. Solid products (ash) find their way (eventually) back into the earth.

4. We are what we eat. The food we eat (whether meat or veg) comes originally from the earth in the form of plants. A foetus gets its nourishment from its mother via the placenta. Once it is born it initially gets its food from its mother's breast. Once weaned it eats food which down the line originates from the earth. Our bodies are made up from the nourishment we put into them (including the sperm and the egg). When we die, our bodies decay (or are cremated) and find their way back to the earth so that the cycle/circle of life continues.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 01:13 AM

Darwin Awards 2013 submission;

Ecco L'allegro Saldatore
2013 Darwin Award Nominee
Confirmed True by Darwin

(5 Feb 2013, São Paulo, Brazil) Mechanic Sérgio A. Rosa, 49, was welding a gas tanker that, curiously, exploded, sending his remains flying 400 meters through the air.
Comments: "A flammable materials tanker is like a gun.
Never consider it empty, or you'll pay the price."
"Did his life flash before his eyes?"

link: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2013-01.html
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Oh, well pardon me!! Instead of sending a "congratulations" card to somebody who has a baby, I will have to tell them instead that they have no right to be happy and that they have done a heinous act by having a child.

Thank you for enlightening me Abby, to think I actually was HAPPY when my grandchildren were born, how wrong was I - I should have been disappointed.
Typical response that can be expected from people who are not enlightened - pollute the earth and than not happy must also destroy nature, chop down trees so we can send a " congratulations card.

I think you have proved my point Jim

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top