Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 10:51 AM

Sombreros outlawed!

Uni of East Anglia Students Union stopped students giving out free sombreros at their Freshers' Fair as they might be deemed discriminatory!

Now...if you were a student in Mexico and they were giving out free bowler hats...would you be offended??
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:18 AM

Re: Sombreros outlawed!

Right load of old cobblers isn't it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:25 AM

Much like all the fuss over what Muslims find offensive when you actually ask them they are as mystified as we are about who it's upsetting. We have a big problem in this country with people finding offence on behalf of other people and not asking those people if they are offended first.

Christmas is one they get wrong as most Muslims I know celebrate Christmas more than we do. They love the presents and food and parties.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:27 AM

Sounds like a made up story to me
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:32 AM

They should also ban Turkish delight as it discriminates against all the other countries' delights !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Much like all the fuss over what Muslims find offensive when you actually ask them they are as mystified as we are about who it's upsetting. We have a big problem in this country with people finding offence on behalf of other people and not asking those people if they are offended first.

Christmas is one they get wrong as most Muslims I know celebrate Christmas more than we do. They love the presents and food and parties.
Hi

Well the other side of the coin is that some of the Muslims in one place where I worked insisted that no Christmas trees be put up in the town as it was offensive to them.

The majority of the Muslims had no problem with it, but the radicals were determined to impose their will.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:29 PM

And did they get their way swimfeeder? I certainly hope not!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:45 PM

Hi

No, not entirely, but they had made their point.

An interesting read.

http://www.islamweb.net/en/article/142162/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well the other side of the coin is that some of the Muslims in one place where I worked insisted that no Christmas trees be put up in the town as it was offensive to them.

The majority of the Muslims had no problem with it, but the radicals were determined to impose their will.
As I have just said in another anti Islam thread there are extremists in all religions, really it's more fool anyone giving them the satisfaction of ruining things for everyone else.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-10-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As I have just said in another anti Islam thread there are extremists in all religions, really it's more fool anyone giving them the satisfaction of ruining things for everyone else.
Hi

I agree with that Julie, but we are the fools allowing them to ruin things, not just for others here in the UK, but also for the vast majority of Muslims here in the UK.

At one time it was the IRA committing terrorist attacks here, now it is a small, but growing group of Radical Muslims.

I cannot understand why we allow the hate preachers to spout their nonsense, preach violence, Sharia Law and radicalise the impressionable.

It is time we stopped it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top