Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 03:53 PM

Re: Sombreros outlawed!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree with that Julie, but we are the fools allowing them to ruin things, not just for others here in the UK, but also for the vast majority of Muslims here in the UK.

At one time it was the IRA committing terrorist attacks here, now it is a small, but growing group of Radical Muslims.

I cannot understand why we allow the hate preachers to spout their nonsense, preach violence, Sharia Law and radicalise the impressionable.

It is time we stopped it.
I agree but we also need to stop believing we are causing offence when no one is offended.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but we also need to stop believing we are causing offence when no one is offended.
I could not agree more, Julie!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I could not agree more, Julie!
Hi

An excellent point.

Unfortunately there is an entire world which has sprung up looking for offence.

I worked for various parts of the Public Sector, at one point we received an instruction requiring us to stop holding Brainstorming Sessions as this could be deemed to be offensive to epileptics, henceforth we had to refer to them as Thought Showers.

Females could not be referred to as Ladies, that implied weakness, the term Woman was also banned, as that could be seen as derogatory, so the correct terminology to be used was Members of Womankind.

I kid you not.

Harriet Harman was very PC, she was referred to as Harriet Harperson.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 07:22 PM

Hi

An excellent point.

Unfortunately there is an entire world which has sprung up looking for offence.

I worked for various parts of the Public Sector, at one point we received an instruction requiring us to stop holding Brainstorming Sessions as this could be deemed to be offensive to epileptics, henceforth we had to refer to them as Thought Showers.

Females could not be referred to as Ladies, that implied weakness, the term Woman was also banned, as that could be seen as derogatory, so the correct terminology to be used was Members of Womankind.

I kid you not.

Harriet Harman was very PC, she was referred to as Harriet Harperson.
You're kidding!!!!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You're kidding!!!!!!
Hi

Unfortunately I am not, it used to do my head in.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

01-10-2015, 07:43 PM

Hi

It's sad really. Did no one ever question or refuse to go along with this nonsense?
What were MEN called?!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 08:33 PM

I think they must have banned Leprechauns over here for fear they might offend other nationalities, it’s ages since I’ve seen one, honest.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think they must have banned Leprechauns over here for fear they might offend other nationalities, it’s ages since I’ve seen one, honest.
your funny Jem.. I love Golliwogs but you cant say that anymore
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:07 PM

Hi

I know what you mean swimfeeders, it was the same working for social services, every week there was something new we were not allowed to say, we were not even allowed to ask for a black coffee, the correct way was coffee without milk, I sinned so many times
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
your funny Jem.. I love Golliwogs but you cant say that anymore

Me too, Sue. I can remember one I had as a kid. He had a bright red jacket and blue spripey trousers. I used to like him, I wish I'd still got him.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top