Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:00 PM

Tread easy US

Are the Americans trying to stir up the Russians or what? The way they keep finding fault with everything the Russians are doing in Syria it certainly appears that way. Are the Americans forgetting that the Russians have some mighty allies China and Iran. If America does not stop poking its big nose into everybody elses business i do not think Russia will tolerate it for long and who can blame them?
Ok im ready to be crucified by you all☺
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:03 PM

Re: Tread easy US

What Russia has forgotten is during ww2 who it was it that supplied them with almost everything?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Are the Americans trying to stir up the Russians or what?
No, I would say it is a case of the Russians have spotted a 'vacuum' of indecision by Obama and his allies and they have stepped into it 'stirring things up' in their support of Assad.

They see all opposition to Assad as the 'enemy' including the militia who support neither Assad or IS (and where no doubt we have some special forces in operation on the ground. )

A very dangerous situation with the potential for all kinds of escalations in what is already a complex and horrible situation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:13 PM

I agree with you Doc they asked for them to help now they don't like it. If they wanted to control what happens they should not have asked for help from Putin who we all know supports Assad. I can imagine he will make sure Assad is safe then ask for everyone else's help to deal with Daesh win win for him.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:19 PM

Very true Julie.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What Russia has forgotten is during ww2 who it was it that supplied them with almost everything?

Don't be so bloody naieve!!! - the Russian armies numbered in their hundreds of thousands if not millions. Just how many convoys would it take to supply those armies??? - how many of the ships that took part in those convoys now rest at the bottom of the Arctic, Atlantic oceans, or the Norwegian or White seas having been sunk by the Nazis on their way to Murmansk or ArchAngelsk??? The amount of arms, ammmunition and equipment delivered in one convoy would perhaps be enough to supply one division (NB - DIVISION - NOTan ARMY for perhaps 2 - 3 days at most.

I accept that the convoys were of assistance, ((I actually served in the Merchant Navy with an Officer who as a 'junior' took part in those convoys).
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:26 PM

Don't take things so literally , of course you are right but no need get high blood pressure over it
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:55 PM

I see it as Putin trying to show that Russia is still a major player on the world stage. I only hope that caution prevails.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I see it as Putin trying to show that Russia is still a major player on the world stage. I only hope that caution prevails.
...and that as well Alan
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 12:59 PM

Yes, nose poking can be very provoking, best to mind one’s own business and put ones own house in order first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top