Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Embarrasing Facts -

the tories would rather you not pay any attention to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...6pLid%3D389253
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 08:43 AM

Re: Embarrasing Facts -

Hi

Tax credits are just a subsidy for big business, who then do not pay tax on their profits.

They need to be stopped and a living wage paid.

Lidl, a very cheap supermarket have just announced that they will pay all staff the the Living wage, Tesco, a much more expensive supermarket, say they cannot afford too.

Speaks volumes.

We would not be in this mess if we had not nationalised the private debt of the very richest and just let the Banks go bust.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Tax credits are just a subsidy for big business, who then do not pay tax on their profits.

They need to be stopped and a living wage paid.

Lidl, a very cheap supermarket have just announced that they will pay all staff the the Living wage, Tesco, a much more expensive supermarket, say they cannot afford too.

Speaks volumes.

We would not be in this mess if we had not nationalised the private debt of the very richest and just let the Banks go bust.

A laudable objective. However, please explain why the cuts being made to the tax credit system far outweigh the increases being given to the 'national living wage', which incidentally is also far below the 'actual' living wage. Furthermore, the increases in the 'National Living wage' do not trigger for a year or two whereas the 'cuts' in Tax Credits are being implemented now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:20 AM

I'm in two minds about all this we don't get tax credits because we work too many hours, choosing to work more than one job penalises us whereas the people we work with all have one job each and claim thousands in tax credits.

Now I absolutely believe wages are not high enough mine have just gone up from £6.50 to £6.85 mainly because I discovered how much the men were being paid and they were getting more than me

I also think working part time is not a bad idea if it works for the companies better, however it must be made possible for workers to add their part time jobs together to pay tax and NI and make them entitled to SSP etc because at the moment you can work 100s of hours a week and never be entitled to anything people working full time jobs get.

I do know several people who restrict their working hours to get their tax credits too which seems not to be what the system was designed for.

I am unsure what the answer is but no matter how they try to make it fair someone will get hurt
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Remember higher wages lead to higher costs for products which lead to higher wages.It is a vicious circle whichever way you look at it.
As for tax credits there are always those who try and cheat the system and those who need it.
How do you sort one from the other is my question?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Remember higher wages lead to higher costs for products which lead to higher wages.It is a vicious circle whichever way you look at it.
As for tax credits there are always those who try and cheat the system and those who need it.
How do you sort one from the other is my question?
With housing so expensive lower wages cause homelessness or higher taxes to help the lower paid pay their rent. Vicious cycle in the other direction too.

With so many things made in other countries I can't see the link with prices and wages being so troublesome .
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

04-10-2015, 10:20 AM

Just been watching David Cameron on the Andrew Marr show Uncle Joe, he (DC) is going to lower taxes and give higher wages... but no intention to review..

Mutterings of disquiet in the Tory ranks though.. David Wilis isn't a happy bunny...

@Julie, you work so darned hard Julie and you clearly take such pride in your work, my deepest respect to you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-10-2015, 10:48 AM

just do my best my husband works far harder and I am very proud of him for it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

04-10-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Red Kite ->
Just been watching David Cameron on the Andrew Marr show Uncle Joe, he (DC) is going to lower taxes and give higher wages... but no intention to review..

Mutterings of disquiet in the Tory ranks though.. David Wilis isn't a happy bunny...

@Julie, you work so darned hard Julie and you clearly take such pride in your work, my deepest respect to you.

Errrmmm - is that the same David Willetts who, as Paymaster General in John Major's Government was then forced to resign after he was caught accepting bribes from Muhammed Al Fayed for asking questions in the 'house'???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Willetts
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

04-10-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Errrmmm - is that the same David Willetts who, as Paymaster General in John Major's Government was then forced to resign after he was caught accepting bribes from Muhammed Al Fayed for asking questions in the 'house'???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Willetts
Yes... he asked me to spell his name differently so you wouldn't notice!
I wonder if he knows Seb from FIFA ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top