Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:08 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why do you hate him so much ?
He’s not AFAIK into shooting little girls .
He is a dangerous racist goon of whom Hitler would have been proud.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Comparing him to hitler you lose any credibility. He may be all you say I believe he is but he hasn't killed millions of people or gone to war with the world. Hitler he isn't.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I just hope she's not being used because she truly believes what she is saying and good luck to her but I do worry she is being used by others who aren't as honest as her.
Basically, she's being used as a celebrity IMO. She is receiving the red carpet treatment, going to the highest places in the lands, mixing with the world powers..... but all this is not necessary . If any other child had encouraged their school mates to play truant, I doubt they would have got away with it.
It's all programmed and she is a tool for other people like Green Peace etc. in an attempt to make the world see their story.
I'm quite sure she doesn't mind, ( which kid wouldn't like all the attention ), but she is after all only 16 yrs old and there is a huge lifetime of responsibility being placed on her shoulders.
she does annoy me a bit, and I suppose she'll be telling all the yachtsmen and women how to 'splice the mainbrace' now !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Basically, she's being used as a celebrity IMO. She is receiving the red carpet treatment, going to the highest places in the lands, mixing with the world powers..... but all this is not necessary . If any other child had encouraged their school mates to play truant, I doubt they would have got away with it.
It's all programmed and she is a tool for other people like Green Peace etc. in an attempt to make the world see their story.
I'm quite sure she doesn't mind, ( which kid wouldn't like all the attention ), but she is after all only 16 yrs old and there is a huge lifetime of responsibility being placed on her shoulders.
she does annoy me a bit, and I suppose she'll be telling all the yachtsmen and women how to 'splice the mainbrace' now !
I think you are right and I just hope it ends well for her.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Laughs out loud! I really did!

Once again Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies emerges and once again it's validity is confirmed.

It always crawls out when someone has lost an argument and can't think of any other way to regain at least some semblance of credibility.

It always fails to succeed as is the case here.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Here's another tiresome child. All I can say is thank god for tiresome children. Because they make us think.
Hear, Hear!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Comparing him to hitler you lose any credibility. He may be all you say I believe he is but he hasn't killed millions of people or gone to war with the world. Hitler he isn't.
Who is to say he wouldn't, given half a chance?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:12 PM

She's also of the generation that will be faced with the hugely damaged environment that we and our kids are responsible for creating. Not just atmospheric polution that is a critical factor in global warming but also marine polution and that's not just plastic waste, it's chemical polution that is poisoning the marine environment.

We and our kids were faced with the awful polution created by the industrial revolution and raised to the nth. power by the Victorians and have had little success in dealing with it in spite of the huge costs in trying to do so.

HER generation and beyond are facing with the crap that we've not dealt with on top of which is the awful polution WE have produced.

She's tried to raise awareness of what is taking place and that is either being ignored or not even believed by so many people.

Rather than being criticized or even worse ridiculed her achievements should be applauded and used to continue the protesting and education of people who still deny the blatantly obvious usually because they don't WANT to believe what is taking place.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:38 PM

I would take the Thunberg child mores seriously if I believed her thoughts were her own and she wasn't being manipulated by others with their own agenda.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

30-08-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would take the Thunberg child mores seriously if I believed her thoughts were her own and she wasn't being manipulated by others with their own agenda.
But does that really matter? Surely what is important is that the subject is brought to the attention of people who need some sort of shock or attention grabbing action to get them to at least think of the consequences to future generations of what is largely being poo-pooed by so many folk today.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top