Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:01 PM

Rubbish bin

Once every 4 weeks the rubbish bin gets emptied, the one that takes general waste, our bin is never full as there's just the two of us and we recycle our waste. a couple of night ago the bin was out, only half full, when hubby brought it round next morning looked in it, there was a full bag of rubbish ...not ours...in the bin so our bin was emptied and then they gave us one back...maybe just an early Christmas present
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:05 PM

Re: Rubbish bin

I think you may find that if you don’t fill your bin up, someone else will, my neighbours do that all of the time around here,...when their bin gets full, they start dumping it in other neighbours bins.

I don’t mind them doing that, as long as I can get my rubbish in, rather that, than them fly tipping their rubbish.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:08 PM

My bin (bag) is always full to the top even though we recycle. There are a few things they will not recycle including cat litter. That's what makes the bag so heavy. Of course if they took it every week instead of every three weeks, it wouldn't be so heavy for them.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think you may find that if you don’t fill your bin up, someone else will, my neighbours do that all of the time around here,...when their bin gets full, they start dumping it in other neighbours bins.

I don’t mind them doing that, as long as I can get my rubbish in, rather that, than them fly tipping their rubbish.
Seems that in Paula's case, all the bins would have been emptied anyway, so there was no need for someone to dump anything into it as an overflow.

We recycle as much as possible, but have to go to the tip once a fortnight to empty our general waste bin.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Once every 4 weeks the rubbish bin gets emptied, the one that takes general waste, our bin is never full as there's just the two of us and we recycle our waste. a couple of night ago the bin was out, only half full, when hubby brought it round next morning looked in it, there was a full bag of rubbish ...not ours...in the bin so our bin was emptied and then they gave us one back...maybe just an early Christmas present
Four weeks would be a bit of a stretch for us.
We have a black bin twice for refuse and a blue bin for recycle stuff like paper and cardboard.

So far, nobody has nicked them - obviously we are far too nice to do that............
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:24 PM

Our bins get emptied every two weeks, recyclables two bags, card/paper, plus a bag of plastic/metals & garden/feed waste bin one week, un-recyclables bin the next. They won't take anything else with the general un-recyclable bin. Anything else which won't fit has to be taken by us to the tip. A lot of items that we could, we have chopped up to fit in it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Seems that in Paula's case, all the bins would have been emptied anyway, so there was no need for someone to dump anything into it as an overflow.

We recycle as much as possible, but have to go to the tip once a fortnight to empty our general waste bin.

You have to take your general waste to the tip?...why?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-12-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Our bins get emptied every two weeks, recyclables two bags, card/paper, plus a bag of plastic/metals & garden/feed waste bin one week, un-recyclables bin the next. They won't take anything else with the general un-recyclable bin. Anything else which won't fit has to be taken by us to the tip. A lot of items that we could, we have chopped up to fit in it.

I tried to get that cross trainer into my bin, it wouldn’t fit,😂🤣
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:27 PM

It riles me when neighbours put their bags in my bin. The other week there were several, and stinking of vinegar. Once I’d pulled them out...twice, I might add...I’d got the smell on me. I moved the bin round to the front of my house, and now do that each time. Ours alternate each week, so each bin is emptied fortnightly. Usually my recycling bin can go a month before needing to go out for emptying. Ours have to go at the end of the alley.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I tried to get that cross trainer into my bin, it wouldn’t fit,😂🤣

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top