Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 10:13 AM

Kitchen sink drama.

I love kitchen sink dramas.

I have special memories of 'Saturday night & Sunday morning' It was filmed near to us. A lot of my friends were extras in that film. I was going to go with them but I missed the bus!!

My very most favourite is 'Room at the top' with Laurence Harvey & Simone Signoret.

Do you like Kitchen sink? What's your favourite?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 10:39 AM

Re: Kitchen sink drama.

I've honestly never heard of that expression, Carol.
Why are they called 'Kitchen Sink'?

I thought you'd had a plumbing disaster when I saw the heading.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 10:53 AM

It Always Rains On Sunday.
I was born too late to date that babe Googie Withers
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 11:40 AM

Kitchen sink explained.

https://www.simplyhe.com/blogs/news/...en-sink-dramas
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 04:47 PM

I've seen most, if not all, of the films highlighted in Carol's link. The 2 that really stand out for me are "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" and "Alfie".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 04:56 PM

I liked the older KSD for example Cathy come Home, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, The Family Way, A Taste of Honey. They 'were of their time' and a good representation of the kind of life I saw all around me in the North of England.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

02-02-2021, 09:32 AM

'Look back in anger' is the only KSD I don't like.

It was on TV last week & we recorded it. I only watched it for 20 minutes before I'd had enough.

Richard Burton spoiled it for me. When he speaks it's like he's spouting Shakespeare.

I never did rate him!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top