Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Re: Hysterectomy

Thanks again for your encouraging words and also a big thanks to Marian who is a good friend. She looks after dogs, takes them for walks when their owners can't and just generally is their best friend when mum and dad go on holiday. We met when she had to look after our precious Ruud and he told us what a good person she was so we took his advise and have never regretted it.

I am doing a bit of washing up and have changed the water in the flower vases.. I have emptied bins and made drinks all with rests in between . I am at that stage when I think I will never have energy again.

Geordie Girl that is something to aim for walking is not too much of a problem.

May I just say to all you ladies that I found that I had cancerous cells completely by accident.

Five years ago after I had not had a period for about a year I started to bleed again. I didn't think much of it but mentioned it to my GP who made a gynae appointment. The doctor at the hospital found that I had polyps and she removed them right there and then. When the results of the biopsy came back it was all clear.

I started to bleed again at the end of July and thought that it was those bloomin polyps again. Another Gynae appointment but no signs of the size polyp which would cause such heavy bleeding.

The biopsy came back that I had cancerous cells, and by September it was all taken away.

We all know our bodies by now we have worn them long enough, so I must beg all of you if you feel that there is something wrong particularly bleeding after menopause see you doctor. Please don't ignore it remember even if a smear test is clear it only means that your cervix is ok not all the other bits and pieces that you have hidden away in your tum.

Many ladies say that after a hysterectomy they feel great as often the doctor will put right other bits and pieces which over time have gone wrong. A prolapsed bladder or bowl can be put right. Also your womb might be pressing on your bladder causing water work problems.

I believe that we should be talking about this. After all most of us have had babies so we don't have much dignity left anyway. (Remember chatting to the doctor while he sat ladies bits telling you to push)

Many of us would prefer to ignore and hope it goes away but please don't and if a friend tells you about something unusual happening to her body tell her to see her doctor, he won't mind her wasting his time and it could be something quite simple. This hysterectomy will be forgotten this time next year and I hope that because of it I shall be around to tell the tale for a long long time/.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 01:55 PM

Hello again Cate, it's good to hear you are doing little jobs here and there but please don't try to do too much too soon.

Thank you for sharing that very important advice with us...... it really does help a lot when it comes from someone you know has gone through it.

Take care...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 01:57 PM

Hi Cate, thank you so much for your kind words!! You've made my day and it works both ways as you've also been a good friend to me and helped me out when I've needed it Glad to see you back where you belong and that you are gradually starting to feel better. Thanks for the advice as well which we all need to be aware of. See you soon btw I really like this forum so because of you have gone from being a lurker to a participater
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Hi Cate, thank you so much for your kind words!! You've made my day and it works both ways as you've also been a good friend to me and helped me out when I've needed it Glad to see you back where you belong and that you are gradually starting to feel better. Thanks for the advice as well which we all need to be aware of. See you soon btw I really like this forum so because of you have gone from being a lurker to a participater
........ and it's very nice having you here, Marian!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 02:03 PM

ah thanks Mags ...
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Well said Cate,never ever ignore any bleeding post.menopausal,Iwas very lucky too,the time between going to see my GP ans having my op was less than 5weeks.I think Cate and I have a lot of notes to compare
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Geordiegirl ->
Well said Cate,never ever ignore any bleeding post.menopausal,Iwas very lucky too,the time between going to see my GP ans having my op was less than 5weeks.I think Cate and I have a lot of notes to compare
I'm so glad that both you and Cate went straight to the doc and are now on the mend.

Again, thank you both for sharing your experiences!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 04:05 PM

Wise words, Cate!

It's good that you're feeling a bit better, don't overdo though. And how lucky that Marian has joined us!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 04:25 PM

I am so glad that you will be one of us Marian, these guys and gals cheer you up when you are down and listen to your rantings when you want to rant. I have just done a Tesco shop on line and I feel as if I lifted every package, bottle and tin into and out of the trolley this feeling tired malarky is all very well but I can't wait for it to wear off.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

01-10-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I am so glad that you will be one of us Marian, these guys and gals cheer you up when you are down and listen to your rantings when you want to rant. I have just done a Tesco shop on line and I feel as if I lifted every package, bottle and tin into and out of the trolley this feeling tired malarky is all very well but I can't wait for it to wear off.
Patience, patience Cate at least you are trying to do small jobs and the feeling you are getting is a sure sign that you are starting to recover and the tiredness is a warning to take things slowly and not over do it

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top