Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

07-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Re: Irate Ireland

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
So, in conclusion, only the withdrawal deal negotiated by theresa may offers a real chance to leave the EU any time soon in a moderate way. Any other leaving is doomed to fail.
If you don't want to accept that reality, you just as well might revoke article 50 straight away.
Precisely.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

07-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It doesn't happen with the EU because they don't want it.

Thats why

What would the catastrophe be if ireland had an e-border instead of a physical one ?
Jesus wept...

Did you even read what I wrote?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
Jesus wept...

Did you even read what I wrote?
Yes.

Are you going to answer my question ?
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

07-10-2019, 08:03 PM

Lack of answers
You've suggested a digital system and I have posted about why this is not possible right now. You then go on to ask a question that was already covered in my original post.

If there is no freedom of movement between two countries there has got to be manned border checks, because there is no technology that allows technology (not even X-Ray machines) to see what or who a lorry is carrying.

It has nothing to do with the EU, and Sweden is an example of this. Did the EU stop Sweden? The only thing stopping a digital system is the government insistence on the No-Deal they want. If you cannot see this then you will never see this.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

07-10-2019, 08:04 PM

Yes.

Are you going to answer my question ?
I did. Twice now
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

07-10-2019, 08:08 PM

It doesn't happen with the EU because they don't want it.
Sweden have it. They are in the EU. The EU have not stopped them having digital checks between Sweden and Norway because they have freedom of movement for goods and people.

What would the catastrophe be if ireland had an e-border instead of a physical one ?
How does an e-border check the contents of a lorry in a manner that is not going to disrupt Ireland and Northern Ireland by using countless posts for miles and miles, which quite frankly is so ridiculous it is being laughed at? Boris never even intended for this deal to work. He knew it doesn't and won't work.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 09:04 PM

Sweden have it. They are in the EU. The EU have not stopped them having digital checks between Sweden and Norway because they have freedom of movement for goods and people.

How does an e-border check the contents of a lorry in a manner that is not going to disrupt Ireland and Northern Ireland by using countless posts for miles and miles, which quite frankly is so ridiculous it is being laughed at? Boris never even intended for this deal to work. He knew it doesn't and won't work.
Yours is the lie the Remainers and Colluders wish to promulgate but the truth is that the EU would lose face if they agreed a deal now.

They are happy to see their citizens suffer in order to preserve their prescribed doctrine.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 09:12 PM

Utter Nonsense. Have you even read up on any of this?

You don't have freedom of movement with those countries outside the EU.

Name me two other countries that do purely digital checks where they don't already have freedom of movement between them. Now I will save you the time and effort by telling you that there aren't any.

And don't use Norway and Sweden as an example, because yes I would imagine all they have at the border is digital checking. Norway is not in the EU, Sweden is and this is where a lot of people end up thinking that surely technology is possible for a Non-EU UK and the EU.

The error in this assumption however is that Norway is in Schengen. There is complete freedom of movement of people and goods between Norway and Sweden. The fact that Norway is not a member of the EU is a matter of irrelevance.

If the UK wished to join Schengen or wished to adopt a comprehensive customs union such that you could legally have completely free movement between the UK and EU of goods and people it wouldn't be a problem. You could use technology, but this is not the case for a No Deal Brexit.

To say that it hasn't happened yet because the EU won't listen is completely absurd. It hasn't happened because it can't happen, and unfortunately leavers are listening to people like you who misguide them into believing lies. If such a system existed, why hasn't it been implemented yet?

Also, how on earth does digital tracking tell anybody what or who is inside a lorry? Only people can do this, and if you put people on a border between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland to do this job, they might as well be signing a death warrant. Nobody is going to do that job, and technology won't work.

Hence - the impossible puzzle of the border issue that some leavers are just refusing to accept.
We can have a no deal.............no checks by the UK and just let the EU build and populate whatever border posts are in vogue in the 4th Reich right now.

Once a few EU border gaurds have been sacrificed in the name of EU dogma we can start sensible talks about alternative arrangements .

I reckon if we ( mankind) can put a man on the moon and send probes to Mars then we canlet people cross an invisible border ,send beef from Dublin to Belfast and Milk from Derry to Cork without too much bother..............It's just a matter of desire!
Moscow
Scotland

07-10-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
So, in conclusion, only the withdrawal deal negotiated by theresa may offers a real chance to leave the EU any time soon in a moderate way. Any other leaving is doomed to fail.
If you don't want to accept that reality, you just as well might revoke article 50 straight away.
It's not essential to leave in a 'moderate' way ....If the EU won't moderate their demands we will just Leave and you will suffer the consequences.

We will also suffer but will have the freedom to mitigate that with tax cutting measures and by opening up new trade partnerships.........The EU isn't so flexible!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 10:06 PM

You've suggested a digital system and I have posted about why this is not possible right now. You then go on to ask a question that was already covered in my original post.

If there is no freedom of movement between two countries there has got to be manned border checks, because there is no technology that allows technology (not even X-Ray machines) to see what or who a lorry is carrying.

It has nothing to do with the EU, and Sweden is an example of this. Did the EU stop Sweden? The only thing stopping a digital system is the government insistence on the No-Deal they want. If you cannot see this then you will never see this.

Where is my answer ?

You should work in supply chain you might learn how this works

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top