Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Re: Dogs in this heat

Originally Posted by deylon ->
How are your Fur babes coping in this heat? Bobby doesnt know where to go to be cool ,until late evening when he lays outside the back door,I feel so sorry for him when I have to bring him in to lock up for bed
I usually leave the back door open.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Walking by the burn I found an old English sheep dog had the answer to keeping cool. He was laid in the water letting it flow over him with just his head showing. No amount of coaxing by his owner was getting him out.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 01:33 PM

As I’ve said elsewhere. Our two chihuahuas will feel the slightest chill. Their fur is very thin and they will sit on your lap and just shiver! We always have a blanket available for them to snuggle into.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 03:03 PM

No tarmac here for my motel crew. That said, it astounds me that in 34C they will go out the dog door to lie in the direct sun on the hot stone patio.

Just this month, some subhuman here left her dog in a sealed, hot car for hours. Someone finally saw it and called the police. The dog died.

Many states are now passing laws in which it is legal to break the window of a car if a dog is inside without air conditioning.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Here's my furkid, he's awaiting to go to the furdressers but she can't fit him in till mid August!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kodiwarm.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	6556  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:22 PM

Buy some clippers LQ and DIY !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:25 PM

Holly goes in to the groomer in a couple of weeks and I bet she will feel better. I keep finding tiny burrs deep inside and use the brush and nit comb to clean her fur. I washed her on Saturday but as she lies on the pebbly dirt out here, gets grubby. I’m on the lookout for some artificial grass to put down and stay down.

That reminds me, off to FB to do a request.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He won't keep still!!! He's wonderfully behaved for the groomers but for me? He runs rings round me lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Yes, I have to do that Muddy. You imagine what it would cost for a groomer to do my five every 6-8 weeks.
It would be around £150.

I bought some decent clippers and got my money back on them on the very first clipping session.
Also, there are a lot of groomers I would never trust my dogs with either.
If I do them myself, I know how they are treated.

I sometimes just send the oldest one (Mups) to my grooming friend of over 40 years, because her coat is extremely dense and not so easy to get the clippers through.
Mups also has a problem with hairs growing right down inside the ear canal which have to be plucked out, and I hate doing that to her as it upsets her.
I pluck the others ears easy enough, but the oldest one's are like a birds nest down there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
He won't keep still!!! He's wonderfully behaved for the groomers but for me? He runs rings round me lol.

Ah but that's probably because you didn't get him used to it from tiny.

With my Beddies, many people start giving them their first very light trim from 7 or 8 weeks old, so by the time they are 12 months, they don't bat an eyelid and just accept it as normal grooming.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top