Join for free
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 12:53 PM

Chinese taking over waterboard.

Just had a water board engineer out to my outside stop tap as it is covered in tar etc from when the pavement was resurfaced. The outcome is the stop tap situated under the pavement needs replacing as it is leaking. Engineer said that it would be two to fourteen days to do it, plus I may not get the tap replaced. They may just remove the tap and connect the pipes with another pipe as there is a stop tap in the house. I was informed the Chinese had taken over the N W A and were cutting doing jobs that they did not deem relevant. Stop taps were one of them. Apparently it is tough if the stop tap in the house needs a repair as there will be noway to stop the water from the mains. Hence water floods into the house wilst tap is under repair. It is two to fourteen days if the water to a home has to be cut because of a broken pipe, children in the house or not.. Another problem with the government selling our assets off..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 03:08 PM

Re: Chinese taking over waterboard.

Renationalise the rails ? nope lets do the job properly and renationalise all our utilities. Or if they have to be in private hands at least make it law they are owned by British citizens.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 06:17 PM

I agree with that completely Julie.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 01:49 PM

So do I !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Me too..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sableline ->
Just had a water board engineer out to my outside stop tap as it is covered in tar etc from when the pavement was resurfaced. The outcome is the stop tap situated under the pavement needs replacing as it is leaking. Engineer said that it would be two to fourteen days to do it, plus I may not get the tap replaced. They may just remove the tap and connect the pipes with another pipe as there is a stop tap in the house. I was informed the Chinese had taken over the N W A and were cutting doing jobs that they did not deem relevant. Stop taps were one of them. Apparently it is tough if the stop tap in the house needs a repair as there will be noway to stop the water from the mains. Hence water floods into the house wilst tap is under repair. It is two to fourteen days if the water to a home has to be cut because of a broken pipe, children in the house or not.. Another problem with the government selling our assets off..
You have been wrongly informed there Sableine, the water authority has to repair or replace the stop tap in the road as it is a legal requirement, and it is also now also their responsibility to maintain the pipework from there to the stop tap in your house if there are any leaks or problems. Believe me they will not connect your house to the mains with no means of isolation, regardless of the politics.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top