Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

The elements are having an absolute field day and it really is raining cats and dogs cos I have just watched 2 dogs sent flying along on the beach. Lord knows where their whoopsies landed but the locals are not looking skyward so they must know a thing or two.

One good thing though is the tills are quite silent when they should be red hot from all that cash being rung up. Still miss the old type till as they always gave such a happy sound as if thanking you for spending your money....and if there was a chute involved all the better. Whooshing should be brought back even if only for xmas.

The seagulls are wearing life jackets which is a tad worrying....perhaps they are just practicng for the pier panto
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 03:00 PM

My old mate William, great lad, but, had the habit of scratching his personal bits in public, if you pointed this out to him he would fly off the handle in a fit of rage.
I often wonder what happened to Wild Bill Itch Cock.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 10:14 PM

‘I often wonder what happened to Wild Bill Itch Cock”

I may be of some assistance there Spitty, I believe he married a very wealthy gentle girl by the name of Phyllis, she wore a diamond studded dress on her wedding day,
They called her Mild Phil Rich Frock.

Yes the weather is really terrible, but is it better than the snow? some say it is and some say it’s not, personally I prefer the rain because when it’s gone it’s gone, the aftermath of snow can be dangerous when it freezes and it seems to last forever, frozen slush on the streets is so dirty looking and depressing.
“The seagulls are wearing life jackets which is a tad worrying....perhaps they are just practicng for the pier panto”
They should also be made wear underpants too Solo, one of them bombed Phyllis this morning in the Tesco car park, what a load it was too, luckily she had the hood of her coat up or it would had got into her hair. The car park supervisor was very helpful and took her into his office so she could clean up as best she could, then organised a lift home for her, everyone kept saying to her that it will bring her luck, as did I when she got home, she nearly floored me with her handbag when I said it, she is not a happy bunny just now.

Here’s an odd thing that has always made me wonder.
Anytime I see a painting of a racehorse painted in the 1700’s/1800’s their heads are always tiny, why is this? it just doesn’t look right at all, did they not spot this?, surely a racehorse didn’t look like the example below? The horse owners paid top money to have their good horses painted and hung in a place of prominence in their stately homes.
Was it because all the equine artists were just lousy painters, or what?
This horse looks more like the Loch Ness Monster from the neck up.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:10 PM

Is that a Stubbs?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is that a Stubbs?
Stubbs, I had to look that up Spitty, “The Stubbs Saddle Mate” a very handy bit if kit for the horsey folk, made of sturdy plastic you sling your saddle over it and put all your grooming paraphernalia inside and carry the lot over your arm.
I believe there’s an American rival version of the same thing called “Tonto”, he was the Lone Rangers saddle mate as ya’ll know, he used to sling the Lone Ranger over his shoulder and take him home every Saturday night when he got stoned, you couldn’t get a better saddle mate than that, so I'd opt for the American version, get 'em up Scout .

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-12-2019, 11:04 PM

I miss RJ, even when he accused me of being delusional, well actually he said I was De-loo-ded, takes one to know one is the claw back.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-12-2019, 04:38 PM

RJ was a dab hand with the unusual words, he loved playing around with them.
Alas no sign of him, I’ve sent a couple of PM’s and got no reply.

Nice to see the shortest day is almost over, a pity there was no Sun to light up the chamber at Newgrange.
I didn’t know Newgrange was built before the Pyramids and Stonehenge.

“Hundreds of people gathered at Newgrange in Co Meath this morning hoping to watch the sun rise on the Winter solstice.
Thirty thousand people had applied for the lottery to be allowed to enter the chamber but only 16 were lucky enough to be given the chance to enter the tomb.
Unfortunately the sun was obliterated by the clouds this morning and those inside did not get to see a ray of light illuminate the chamber.
Newgrange was built 500 years before the Pyramids in Egypt and more than 1,000 years before Stonehenge.
When conditions are right on the solstice, a narrow beam of light penetrates the roof-box above the entrance to the passage at Newgrange and reaches the floor of the chamber, gradually illuminating the entire chamber. The event lasts for 17 minutes” RTE news.

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:04 PM

This last couple of days a horse..any old horse would have been handy. A thin headed horse would have even done as they don't mind a drop of water where as these man made tin pot boxes get quite upset at the thought of taking a bath....and if any other witty bu***r sings "Row row row yer boat gently up the stream" I wont be responsible...I really won't.

Now having risked the flooding I also risked the shops for a few bits and pieces and let me tell you...you would have been hard pushed to keep up with me....took me back a few years this puddle jumping. My Ma would have been proud of me

You posted whilst I was drying out Jem...but I think they are snorkeling at Stonehenge today
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-12-2019, 05:30 PM

I've just been and bought a Brexit Turkey, it's "Oven Ready".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-12-2019, 05:33 PM

RJ was a dab hand with the unusual words, he loved playing around with them.
Alas no sign of him, I’ve sent a couple of PM’s and got no reply.

Jem, try contacting him in the Morning.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top