Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:06 PM

Re: A rant by Besoeker

Sweetie Pies Dog.

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:10 PM

One thing that any dog owner notices, which non owners don't, is just how dirty and litter strewn a seemingly clean pavement is.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Just for the record this is what he does when we stop to chat to someone. He doesn't even need to be told to wait. He just does.

Why on earth would I need to constrain/restrain him on a lead in this public park?
Cute dog.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:25 PM

That picture of him wading IS a public place.
Do you really think he should have been on a lead there?
YES most definitely.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
YES most definitely.
Where there is harmony, let there be discord
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Some dogs are more obedient than others.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I'm not saying ,Besoeker,that your dog would attack another,I always keep my dog on a lead,unfortunately he was attacked,some years ago,by a dog that was off a lead,in a very public field,what if that had been a child?..it has put me off taking him to public places,where dogs are off leads,I take him along the main road
That IS a public place you know.......
I accept that you have to know your dog before you are at the stage of letting it off the lead. Ours is a rescue, picked up as a stray by the dog warden so we had no prior history other than his ten days at the rescue centre. A guy a few doors away also has a collie and it is never on the lead so we asked him.
"Leave the lead on but let go of it."
We did. He was fine. So we took it off and that was that. Just four weeks in. He is just a very good boy as you can probably gather from the pics in some of my posts. Post #39 for example.

We have little grandchildren stay over from time to time and he lies outside their bedroom door. He would get in bed with him but we don't allow that. Unsupervised.

But this little guy's mother was cool with it. Another grand child. It was love at first sight. He ran in the door and his first action was to rush over to Max, the dog, and throw his arms around him. Max stayed glued to him for the duration of their visit here.

Apologies to those who seen it before.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:43 PM

You can never trust a dog completely, however wonderful the doting owner might think it is.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You can never trust a dog completely, however wonderful the doting owner might think it is.
Spoken like a true cat lover....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

15-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Spoken like a true cat lover....
I am not sentimental about any animal, although dogs and cats have their uses.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top