Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Knife Crime - Petition to Parliament

If nothing else signing a petition does inform government that a number of people consider something seriously needs to be looked at. Yes, we can e-mail our MPs but how do we know an e-mail is received or even read? Will that make any more difference than signing a petition? Doubtful, so I have signed.

Signatures so far to date: 91,320 and rising.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
If nothing else signing a petition does inform government that a number of people consider something seriously needs to be looked at. Yes, we can e-mail our MPs but how do we know an e-mail is received or even read? Will that make any more difference than signing a petition? Doubtful, so I have signed.

Signatures so far to date: 91,320 and rising.
well spoken Sir!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:21 AM

95,171 signatures ..... just a few thousand more required .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The following is now available:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233926

Please consider and sign - it's another way to force the issue of knife crime to be addressed by government.
Signed, though I have little confidence in the buggers in Parliament taking a blind bit of notice.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Signed, though I have little confidence in the buggers in Parliament taking a blind bit of notice.
doesn't mind if ya blind JBR - ya signature still counts!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
They're going to have to build a helluva lot more prisons if those found with knives get 10 yrs,and those using get 15..where's the money for that and hundreds more prison officers going to come from..The Policeforce has already been cut to the bone....don't know the answer to this problem,
No they're not. There are two workable options, if we can circumvent the hand-wringing do-gooders:

- Our existing prisons could go back to basics. Not necessarily Victorian levels (though I'd vote for it), but as recently as the 1940s. Six to a cell; no frills, playstations, etc; locked up for 23 hours a day; very strict discipline.

- We could re-introduce corporal punishment, or both that and the above.

Criminals would learn discipline, they would realise that crime is not worth it, and they would realise that if they reoffend upon release they're back again.

We should have the need for fewer prisons for two reasons:

- Offenders would be crammed into the same space.

- Prison would be a deterrent, so we would see less crime.

Yes, I know exactly what some will say, but my question would be: would you prefer even more knife crime, or would you prefer offenders to receive real punishment?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
If the yobs are prevented from carrying knives..They'll start carrying guns..Britain is slowly becoming a mini America!
Not necessarily.

Stop and search can find guns as well as knives.

10 years for carrying a knife; 20 years for using a knife.

20 years for carrying a gun; 30 years for using a gun.
The rope for murder.

I'm sure it will work.
What's more, I'm sure it will come because if not this country will become increasingly more dangerous.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Quite surprisingly, the petition against ISIS member returning to UK, which raised nearly 600,000 signatures. Most constituencies were in the 300/400/500 /600/700/ up to over 2000 's signatures. Diane Abbotts constituency didn't even manage 200 signatures. The lowest number in any London constituency .
Quelle surprise!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No they're not. There are two workable options, if we can circumvent the hand-wringing do-gooders:

- Our existing prisons could go back to basics. Not necessarily Victorian levels (though I'd vote for it), but as recently as the 1940s. Six to a cell; no frills, playstations, etc; locked up for 23 hours a day; very strict discipline.

- We could re-introduce corporal punishment, or both that and the above.

Criminals would learn discipline, they would realise that crime is not worth it, and they would realise that if they reoffend upon release they're back again.

We should have the need for fewer prisons for two reasons:

- Offenders would be crammed into the same space.

- Prison would be a deterrent, so we would see less crime.

Yes, I know exactly what some will say, but my question would be: would you prefer even more knife crime, or would you prefer offenders to receive real punishment?
oh dear oh dear oh dear - lots of breeches to OHS regulations there as many as the holes in Swiss cheese!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-03-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh dear oh dear oh dear - lots of breeches to OHS regulations there as many as the holes in Swiss cheese!!
Breaches.

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top