Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Re: My Garden

The astroturf does look good Mary. Does Callum wee on it and is it OK for dogs to wee on astroturf or not. My dog is a bitch and this year our top lawn has brown patches all over it with her wee. It might be worth thinking of getting it for our top lawn, although I would think it is quit expensive.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Lovely garden Mary I like your herb containers .
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 06:37 AM

The Astro turf doesnt stain at all not even if i put a plant pot on it you dont get a circle callums toilet stains dont bother it he stoops like a female dog and rain and water just drain away its great stuff especially for pet owners I do not think its that expensive i am fairly sure you can buy it in B & Q and when you think it never needs mowing or feeding its cost effective ..I really didnt think i would like it when i got here as it was allready here for the same purpose they had a dog but it sort of grows on you and allways looks nice just a sweep with a brush to remove leaf and bits is all it needs..I still have a few flowers left which i think is great for november they look a bit weak but they are still flowering.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 09:57 PM

You do have quite a variety still in flower Callumsmum. We have a few roses, but thats about it now. I have just received some samples of the astroturf and the price seems to be between £14. and £20. (and the £20 one looks amazing). We are not sure whether to give it a try or not at the moment. From what it says in the leaflet there is quite a lot of preparation work to do and is is usual to have it professionally laid, so I would think that will double the price.
I spent a lot of time on the garden before having our pup, but I don't think i will do as much next year. I have noticed that there are a lot of Cosmos bedders still going strong around here and I might give them a try instead of the petunias next year. Have you tried them?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Lovely flower pics, and interesting to hear your experiences with the artificial grass. I'm not a big grass fan ... had my front yard turned into a flagstone patio with beds around the sides .... but I don't like the idea of astroturf at all. But then, I don't like fake Christmas trees either. Different strokes .....
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 05:47 AM

Cosmos ? Do you mean as in the cosmos flowers i grew some different ones this year with multi coloured petals i got the seeds from wilkinsons they sell seeds of the world and i shall be getting some more.I am not keen on petunias ,busy lizzies ,fuschias or geraniums i like the cottage garden effect with lots of grasses ,wildflowers and jazzy flowers.And i am a huge poppy fan i still have ladybird poppys in bloom on the front garden.next year i need to fill some wooden planters for the front and i shall be looking for the unusual to fill them with .one day soon i will sit down with seed catalogue.I am also very fond of sunflowers i had them sprouting up on my front garden in all shapes and sizes.
I am sure the Astro turf will be worth your while with the dog it sets the garden off when the lawn allways looks so lush..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2011, 12:20 PM

Yes, I am thinking of the cosmos flowers Callumsmum. They look quite delicate, but they must be fairly long flowering because they are still flowering in some gardens here. Do you grow them from seed? - I had thought about buying them as small plants for bedding out, but if they are easy from seeds I will give them a try.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk

12-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Very easy from seed you can just scatter them in soil but its best to start them off in seed tray they are like weeds they soon germinate and grow..I scattered some in the soil but they did not appear probably slugs and snails ate them but the ones i grew in seed tray were estabilished and ok ..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

13-11-2011, 11:56 AM

Thank you Callumsmum - I will give them a go from seed. When I've looked at the grown ones they seem quite a bit more expensive than petunias.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top