Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 07:07 PM

Re: Gardeners World

Yes its the price nowadays, used to go to Southport Show every year, it was lovely and not too big, also went to The Royal Lancs Show once and lost the car, found it eventually but we were wet thru, we were given plastic bin bags by the ladies in the WI tent,it poured down all day.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 07:10 PM

I love watching Chelsea on the television but wouldnt go because you cant buy plants their and its all celebrity and very upmarket ..But i do enjoy looking at teh gardens ..would hate the crowds at chelsea.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Yes its the price nowadays, used to go to Southport Show every year, it was lovely and not too big, also went to The Royal Lancs Show once and lost the car, found it eventually but we were wet thru, we were given plastic bin bags by the ladies in the WI tent,it poured down all day.
Annie, did you go to Royal Lancs Show when it was held in Astley Park, Chorley? Seem to remember most years it rained when it was held there!

Don't go to flower shows, but one of my Sisters goes to the Southport one every year. Her Daughter takes her for her birthday-she really enjoys it as its not too big and crowded.

Lovely pics CM......
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 11:22 PM

Yes it was in Chorley and we had to park on a huge field and when we got there there was lots of space and when we were thoroughly soaked went for the car and there were thousands all looking the same. Sophie who is a clever little dick at times said Da you should have tied a balloon on it then we wouldnt have to look for it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Yes it was in Chorley and we had to park on a huge field and when we got there there was lots of space and when we were thoroughly soaked went for the car and there were thousands all looking the same. Sophie who is a clever little dick at times said Da you should have tied a balloon on it then we wouldnt have to look for it.
I know exactly where the field is Annie. When I worked for the Council used to go and work at the show in the Council's marquee-never an exciting marquee Who knows, we could have passed each other at sometime Good idea tying a balloon on car-bit late in the day for you though!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 11:25 AM

I adore gardeners world. I usually go did not this year first time in a while. But do enjoy it, never been to Chelsea but am thinking of doing another garden show this year.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Shrewsbury Flower show is another i like going to but now i have moved i cant see me getting back to that.Gardeners world has to be the best as its so large and also holds the good food show at the same time..
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 05:56 PM

I have just finished weeding my garden for the winter season , but thought I would just add this bit of advice

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top