Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Re: I'm looking forward - tempting things to grow from T&M!

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Thanks dandysmom and Mags for the help with smileys..easy really wasn't it?
And I like the 'preview post' button.
I do hope you don't miss your garden too much dandysmom.
We use T & M quite a lot too but I have cut down a bit, 'cos I haven't room in the greenhouse to grow all that I'd like to.
Oh I do miss it; our building has a greenhouse, quite small but nice; I plan on trying 2 tomato plants and at least one basil and chili pepper. Mustn't take up too much space ....

Here's a shot:

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 09:28 PM

Ooh, that looks nice...everything looks fresh and green. Good luck with the toms, basil and chillies
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Couldn't resist this thread...hubby and I love gardening. We planted garlic for the first time, last month, and it is already about an inch and a half high. (not found the smileys yet but I am grinning)
Not got a veggie patch as such, but two borders at the bottom of the garden are taken over with tomatoes and runner beans etc., during the summer.
Roll on Spring
Janela my Garlic is 4 inches high green spikes , what variety have you grown .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 08:08 PM

Hi Meg
We bought a duo pack from Marshalls. Solent Wight a softneck, and Lautrec Wight a hardneck - I know the soft neck is the one we all buy but not sure about the hardneck. But nevermind, looking forward to eating some.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2011, 11:52 PM

Hi Meg
We bought a duo pack from Marshalls. Solent Wight a softneck, and Lautrec Wight a hardneck - I know the soft neck is the one we all buy but not sure about the hardneck. But nevermind, looking forward to eating some.
Hi Janela I will be interested to hear how your garlic turns out.
I have planted 'Jolimont' a soft neck which can be eaten green from May onwards . It is the first time I have planted any and I look forward to harvesting it next year .
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 04:02 PM

My Barkers Catalogue will drop through the Letter Box just after New Year, I'll enjoy browsing through that and planning, while I toast in front of the fire with a Hot Choccy.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

11-12-2011, 07:46 PM

Hi Meg, hubby had a look at ours this morning (too cold for me)..still the same height
I look forward too, to harvesting and comparing notes.

Hi Raven, not heard of Barkers before. Ssshh, don't tell the family but I can't wait for Christmas to be over...so I can plan what I'm going to grow next year.
Pabicus
Tayside, UK
Pabicus is male 

19-12-2011, 09:36 PM

Hi Angieh, I grow curly kale, it is tastey and full of iron. You can pluck a leaf or two off it when you need it. Watch out for the cabbage white caterpillars in the spring and summer, they can strip the plants like locusts

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top