Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 03:16 PM

The Mentalist.

Anyone into The Mentalist.

Followed this now for 6 series its mild its funny and it also can have its serious moments.
Patrick Jane joined the crew after his wife and daughter were murdered and is on a mission to catch Red John.
Love the way Jane always winds up the suspects and the way he can twist Lisbon his boss around his fingers. He's also always hiding behind her when it comes to gun's.
Cho is great with the one liners in a funny sort of way.
Rigsby in the early series was always sniffing around Van Pelt and who wouldn't . Whilst Van Pelt herself is always goody goody two shoes the baby in the crew.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 03:24 PM

Re: The Mentalist.

We loved it until the latest series where it seemed to go way off course. The corrupt police force etc all too much IMO.

Now he is a murderer too so where to next ?
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 03:54 PM

Well now that Red John has been killed off I have to wonder which way this is gonna go.
Must admit was pleased that he is now working with the FBI if only to see the crew on the screens again.
But we will have to wait and see I suppose, this could be the last season.
I have seen him in the odd movie here and there but the rest of the crew are still really unknown to me apart from in The Mentalist.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Like a lot of US-made TV Series, The Mentalist is one of our favourites too because with all US-Made series they seem to have the characters develop as it goes along, from one series to the next.
I must admit that the Red John story line was getting a bit tedious for me.

I liked the earlier programmes where the Patrick Jane character virtually takes over every investigation; he's almost like a modern-day Sherlock Holmes at times but Cho is a scene stealer, especially with Rigsby - some classic put-downs delivered deadpan - great stuff!

I'm hoping now that Red John's FINALLY been written-out we'll get to go back to the previous format with Jane running Lisbon ragged etcetera but the FBI thing's a bit of a worry - looks a bit terminal at the moment with the CBI virtually disbanded.

Anyone watch Person of Interest too?

Another very well done TV series and again with little known actors outside of the US. stevmk2
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Hi Longfellow, or should I say HI-awatha, no matter.
I have watched Patrick Jane & his antics , loving it for quite a few of the episodes.
Then they started shuffling the series & place in series, so that I lost the plot.

Great acting, great cast.

I am hoping to see some more of BOSTON LEGAL, James Spader & William Shatner are priceless. The characters and their foibles are exquisitely observed & acted out. Candice Bergen is the jewel in the crown
longfellow
Chatterbox

30-12-2013, 08:11 PM

HTML Code:
Hi Longfellow, or should I say HI-awatha.???
This is the second time I have seen this not quite sure what it means. perhaps an explanation would help my thick brain..
Was there a member by that name on here before me thinks. If so then rest assured I was not that person.

stevmk2 I have a list has long has my arm on US series that I download and keep up with. Person Of Interest is great isn't it and Blue Bloods I just love watching Mr Selleck is so laid back.

RB.. BOSTON LEGAL, James Spader & William Shatner looks interesting will look that one up. Was watching Spader in another series The Blacklist but really I found it very hard going because the rest of the characters were what I would call B movie actors. Yes he's come a long way from
Mannequin and the first Stargate pilot movie.

In the meantime I am also watching at present Nashville/Greys Anatomy/NCIS/Bones, and any other that my daughter thinks I will like.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
HTML Code:
Hi Longfellow, or should I say HI-awatha.???
This is the second time I have seen this not quite sure what it means. perhaps an explanation would help my thick brain..
Was there a member by that name on here before me thinks. If so then rest assured I was not that person.
Longfellow, I think Robert may be making a reference to the epic poem Hiawatha by Henry Longfellow

The Song of Hiawatha is an 1855 epic poem, in trochaic tetrameter, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, featuring an Indian hero. Wikipedia
Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Adaptations: The Song of Hiawatha (1997), Hiawatha (1909)
longfellow
Chatterbox

30-12-2013, 10:28 PM

Bleeding eck didn't think I was dealing with intellectuals on here..
Thanks Mags

Sorry RJ for insinuating there was another reason..

The nearest I have come to doing poetry was.

The boy stood on the burning deck
Picking his nose like mad
He rolled it up into little balls
And flicked it at his dad.

Don't think Longfellow ever writ anything that good..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 10:46 PM

If anyone wants spoilers the CBS website tells a lot of what is happening next.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Longfellow, I think Robert may be making a reference to the epic poem Hiawatha by Henry Longfellow

THe first poem I can remember was indeed Hiawatha, written by Henry Longfellow. I love the breathless rhythmic, almost chanting effect in the construction and the reading of it.

extract

By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,
Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis.
Dark behind it rose the forest,
Rose the black and gloomy pine-trees,
Rose the firs with cones upon them;
Bright before it beat the water,
Beat the clear and sunny water,
Beat the shining Big-Sea-Water.
There the wrinkled old Nokomis
Nursed the little Hiawatha,

The old record of "Running Bear" by Johny Preston just popped into my head.

On the bank of the river stood Running Bear, young Indian brave
On the other side of the river stood his lovely Indian maid
Little White Dove was her name, such a lovely sight to see
But their tribes fought with each other, so their love could never be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top