Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 05:17 AM

Aaaaaashoooo!

Yes folks, I have a runny nose and am sneezing like a good 'un!

I'm hoping it's a five minute wonder as I haven't caught a cold for more than four or five years now, so wouldn't it be just typical to catch one now! Sheeesh!

I've got a snotty conk running like a tap but I can't complain. How often do you catch a cold?
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Re: Aaaaaashoooo!

Oh Dear Poor You, couldn't have come at a worse time for you. I usually catch one during the Winter at some point, and it can be a Stotter. My poor Friend seems to go from one cold to the next all Winter...she's a wreck by Spring.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 11:31 AM

What a nuisance Mollie ........... it might go as quickly as it came, I get that sometimes, sneeze, sneeze and within hours, nothing. Hope that's the same for you today
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Commiserations Mollie you can share my box of tissues and brandy and hot milk if you like
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 01:13 PM

Oh Meg, then you've still got it? Have you got your voice back yet? I still feel absolutely fine but the voice is croaked good and proper, it frightens the grandchilren on the phone! I think that you have been overworking lately, but then you say you get this most years, that's a shame, tell me to mind my own business.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Oh Meg, then you've still got it? Have you got your voice back yet? I still feel absolutely fine but the voice is croaked good and proper, it frightens the grandchilren on the phone! I think that you have been overworking lately, but then you say you get this most years, that's a shame, tell me to mind my own business.
Hi Mary I have got a bit of voice back today thank you which is a relief. Last year I went from December to March without a proper voice and was getting quite scared in case it never came back. It gradually returned .

Don't think I have been overworking , this is a lagacy of childhood illness and a few years of very foolishly smoking.

I hope your voice returns soon, daily steam inhalation with Olbas oil or menthol may help you
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mary I have got a bit of voice back today thank you which is a relief. Last year I went from December to March without a proper voice and was getting quite scared in case it never came back. It gradually returned .
Oooh that makes me feel better hearing that Meg as I've still got a croaky voice and that's been over 2 months now, its worse at the end of the day and especially if I've been talking a lot

Hope your cold doesn't hang around too long Mollie
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 02:54 PM

It's gone again now! It was a real doozy last night though. I don't mind having a cold if it only lasts a couple of hours.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 03:03 PM

I have noticed that sometime after eating I sneeze a lot and I think its reflux, crumbs or particles of food go up into your nose and not down your throat, of course I could be talking a load of rubbish, if so ignore me.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 04:56 PM

I almost never get a cold; lots as a child, teens. I attribute it to basically a good immune system and to having been exposed to most strains of rhinoviruses as a lifetime public transit user. And taking Vitamin C daily. Whatever, I'm delighted at not getting them!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top